Lost Producers Talk About Season 3

According to Sci Fi Wire, Lost producers Carlton Cuse and Bryan Burk recently talked a bit about the next season of Lost.

“The Others are an important part of season three, and there’s a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into season three.”

Said executive producer Carlton Cuse, who continued:

“There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year. … Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he’s someone who’s going to be very prominent in the show next year.”

According to executive producer Bryan Burk, love will play a larger role in the next season of Lost:

“I’m excited about love in season three. Don’t forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They’re now obviously more familiar with each other. … The concept of love [is there], and … it weaves its way through all of our characters. It’s going to be much more prevalent in season three.”

Read the entire article.

17 Responses to Lost Producers Talk About Season 3

1. Arattilion says:

2. Trae McCombs says:

3. There was also an interesting interview with the Lost producers in yesterday’s New York Times, where they point out that it was extremely important that the last scene of the season finale took place in real-time off of the island, which in their words served to “blow up” theories about the survivors being in purgatory or subjects of an experiment.

4. ka_bilzy says:

Interesting that the first “current date” real world characters on the show (Penny and the snow dudes) finally occurred after two years. The season two finale marked the first time in the show’s history that a character, in current time AND in the real world, made an appearance. Until now, all real world characters were flashbacks, and all real time characters were on the island. This revelation does narrow things down a bit for those trying to unlock the overall mystery of the show, albeit slightly: 1) The real word does still exist and the “island” is, in some way, detectable, or at least known about, in that real world. No snow globes here. (Although, funny how we do see snow in the finally.)

[quote comment="3278"]There was also an interesting interview with the Lost producers in yesterday’s New York Times, where they point out that it was extremely important that the last scene of the season finale took place in real-time off of the island, which in their words served to “blow up” theories about the survivors being in purgatory or subjects of an experiment.

I still wouldn’t dismiss the theory that the Dharma Initiative had experiments on the island. We did see that The Swan was more than an experiment, but it still appears like The Pearl was an experiment of some sort.

6. Starryeyes says:

Yeah, I still say it’s all a dream or something. Or perhaps they are all in some psyche ward. heh. :)[/quote]

Maybe it is all a dream, maybe Jack’s dream. At the end of the series, he could wake up to be still on the plane before it crashed. All his friends would be sitting around him on the plane, but they don’t know each other in real life.[/quote]

It’s not a dream, I’m pretty sure the producers said so.

8. gc says:

[quote comment="3354"][quote comment="3353"][quote comment="3251"][quote comment="3250"]The show premiered: September 22, 2004… That was when the plane crashed according to Desmond… DUDE this shows really freaks out!!![/quote]

It’s not a dream, I’m pretty sure the producers said so.[/quote]

I’M SURE THE WON’T MAKE THE SAME BOBBY EWING DREAM MISTAKE AGAIN!!!!

9. res says:

when does season 3 start ? lost 1 episode use to be horror then drama then sci fi then action what happned know i feel there is no theme season 2 finale confusing and annoying ending yes ?

10. Christina says:

11. Sandra says:

I’m curious too when season 3 will appear.
    If anyone knows…
    I think the island is full of magnetic fields.I Don’t think is a dream or an experiment …I believe is something bigger ;))

12. Love's Labor's Lost says:

[quote comment="3372"][quote comment="3251"][quote comment="3250"]The show premiered: September 22, 2004… That was when the plane crashed according to Desmond… DUDE this shows really freaks out!!![/quote]

Wow, I hadnt thought about the psych ward idea, thats a really good theory. I was thinking it could be a dream as well. Unfortunately due to work, I have only seen the first 2 or 3 episides from season two, so I am PATIENTLY (not) waiting for season 2 to come out on dvd. =)[/quote]

I personally think that the episode centering on Hurley and Dave was in part a message from the people behind the show that to knock down the theory that the show is all in the mind of a crazy person. If that were true, then basically Hurley’s episode would be true, and they’ve given it away. It’s something bigger or more complicated than that.

13. Madd Dogg says:

I think Pennys dad had something to do with desmond going to the island. Pennys dad is an industrialist and i reckon that his company may of built the hatches on the island and he knows where the island is so desmond would get stuck there. Penny said and i quote “if you have money and determination you can find anyone” which i think why she knows to look out for an elctromagnetic anomly. and i think libby was working for her dad.

14. DM says:

The end of two’s a nightmare. Especially after slowy trudging through the main plot which could have been done in 12 episodes easily! There was great potential for the second. Compared to the first it was dull, as ‘res’ says, lets hope there is some deep substance to the third. Be a shame to see such a potentially beautifully crafted story be spoilt by poor writing??

15. @dz says:

season 2 what an ending could it be anymore of a cliff hanger cant wait till season 3 when does it start

16. Katie says:

This is the best show ever! You need to play it everyday.

17. carolyndee the lostie says:

yes, very interesting indeed. I am waiting for season 3 to start here but in the meantime I am watching season 1 and 2 again. Apparently, there are more things to learn from them. Things that were missed but linked to season 3 and the development of the characters. Also the inter-development of the characters.

If you have noticed, they have all crossed paths before. Some of them were living in the same area. Remember Boone in the Police station? And Sawyer is being booked for something? I wonder what he was being booked for.

Desmond and Jack lived in the same area, that was where they met first. Hugo and Libby as they were in the same ward.

Noticed that that Australian who Kate was working for had only one hand? Similar to the dude in the video? I think there might be link there.

Some other things appear too. Try and look at shots where they are tvs and try to observe what is on them. Apparently Hugo was winning the lottery when Sun was watching tv and one point. Though, I did read this somewhere and need to check it out myself!

The numbers also appear either together or in sets all over the place. I think that these are like subtle clues and their purpose will be revealed in the coming seasons. For example the numbers on Hugo’s dashboard when his engine died.

Ok, that’s my contribution.

Can’t wait for season 3!