DJ Dan Podcast 6/26 & Rachel Blake Coppenhagen Posts 06/07

Possible Spoilers

DJ Dan’s newest podcast is now up, click here for link. I’ll be honest, there’s not much new in it of interest aside from that he’s fawning over Rachel now.

Rachel Blake’s newest video is a little more interesting. She says in her newest blog post that it is hidden, and she links to http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com again. You have to click, this time not on 108, but to the left side on the picture of Proserpine (the Roman version of Persephone, in a famous painting; note also the initials WTK, for the Jeep employee she had a chat with). The direct link can be seen here if you don’t want to go through this trouble of lining up compass needles. You’ll notice in the trash folder, now there is a new folder called “Illumination”; this folder links to the general Jeep website. Since it’s called “illumination”.. the link should have to do with lights, right? Argh, I was about a second short of being the one to find this one, I was looking at HEADLIGHTS.

The actual key is to go to http://www.jeep.com/en/compass/interior.html and click on SEE ALL INTERIOR FEATURES on the upper right. Then pull down the menu to “Removeable Flashlight”. Once you click on that, there is an option to view a demo of the flashlight… it is anything but. It’s a video of Rachel getting a very interesting visitor!

Seems it is the guy who was helping Mittelwerk out in the previous video. Was he talking about the Vik Institute or something else? Was he there to kill Rachel?

EDIT 6/27: The newest blog entry (007) finally recognizes linmoo’s great contribution of finding the islands as being a group near Thunder Bay, Ontario (Canada)… however, Rachel still seems convinced that she may have seen yet another that wasn’t captured by the camera which was near the equator. This all leaves ME scratching my head… if the writers of this game wanted us to look for islands on the map there, why didn’t they use ones from there in the first place?

The other new info from this blog entry is that GidgetGirl starts providing some clues–about involvement of the Vik Institute (previously introduced in that awful game of Simon before THF shut down) and Dr. Zander again. A fire had broken out, and a new character–a mathematician named Vigi Benoffski–ended up getting killed while getting caught in it. The way they make it sound isn’t very accident-like, is it? And is this mathematician tied in to Valenzetti? Was this the mysterious man he was visiting?

Read the article about the fire here.

11 Responses to DJ Dan Podcast 6/26 & Rachel Blake Coppenhagen Posts 06/07

1. VidGamer123 says:

Wow! Rachel pwned that guy with the iron! :D

As for his identity… I guess it’s a hit-man hired by the Hanso Foundation somehow.

2. Steve says:

Rachel’s “acting” is really starting to get to me…

Poor dramatic performance aside, the plot gets deeper and more interesting. We’ve still got no idea what any of this means, but what else is new?

I love that they are trying so hard to shove all the advertising through our eyes…I have a hard time believing any of it matters to those people who are actually following the ARG…we just want answers, and Jeeps and Sprite aren’t going to give them to us (not directly at least!).

3. Cecilia says:

I remember laughing so hard when she konked him a second time when he was already on the ground!

But Steve, I’m with you on the acting… it’s a bit much. :) And I don’t care what anyone says, the actress that plays her is not ANYwhere near as cute as Evie is.

While we’re complaining, did anyone else get as bothered as me by the fact that the camera pans in and out and focuses on its own? Hmm… quite a few plot holes…

So yeah, no doubt, they’re getting very bold with the shoving ads down our throats bit, now that they know we are so desperate. :) I still take it with OK humor, but I refuse to spend a red dime on this stuff. I might just cancel my Verizon acct. Not that it’ll stop me from playing tho…

4. Christine says:

ok so if you guys watch the video again, she is holding the remote for the camera silly people. how else is she suppose to interview herself with nobody focusing etc. She has a remote of course.

5. froggirl says:

Admitedly I need to watch it a second time, but I seem to remember her putting the remote down before she ran into the closet??

6. VidGamer123 says:

I surmise it’s one of two things:

An expensive camera with auto-zoom and focus

or

A plot device to show what’s going on.

Pick yer poison! :P

7. Chloe says:

acting lessons please….

i wonder if anyone wanting to buy a jeep compass will stumble across that site and then see the video and wonder what the hell it is.

ha =]

8. Christine says:

Thats true, I watched it again and saw her put the remote down, but it probably is auto-focus.

9. Steve says:

[quote comment="4189"]…snip….
    …snip…[/quote]

Have you actually seen someone put that in writing? That’s like signing a piece of paper admitting you’re completely insane! Don’t get me wrong, there is *something* attractive about Rachel, but I can’t put my finger on what it is. (Yikes…that sentence could be taken in so many wrong ways!)

10. Sue says:

what do you all think of todays post?

11. Cecilia says:

I posted up a few thoughts on this most recent Post 07… on the fire, and the mathematician, and the tie-ins with Vik.