Rachel Blake Update & ROT Update

Possible Spoilers

Ahh, *just* as I am about to get ready to leave for the weekend, the ARG finally decides to update. :)

Her newest posts on RachelBlake.com are images of a note to GidgetGirl and clues to Spider Protocol. They point us in the direction of the Retrievers of Truth, but now none of the passwords work for here.

Meanwhile, over AIM, DSLerator and iobiSeeingYou (the two loyal in-game personas left) were giving clues to look into someone named Pedro Armendariz, an actor. He played in the movie adaptation of “The Pearl”, by John Steinbeck; it turns out that Steinbeck is the new ROT password. This in turn leads to RicherDeeperBroader.com, where clicking on the “Fuel Passions” link and then clicking on the small lighted building just below the text on the left-hand side of the screen opens a password window with a login box. The login and password is on the message board already:

rblake
hoo-gonchoi

(Remember him from the previous letter? If not, click on our previous article about this Minister to Korea)

EDIT 7/21: The name/pw is correct, but a LOT of people are having trouble viewing the video due to the huge size. Please see comments section for the YouTube video, which is much easier to view.

With the “Fixer”‘s help, Rachel ends up with Darla’s (AKA GidgetGirl’s) apartment key, and goes exploring. Turns out she left her a few gifts before she died, including a fake ID pass, tickets to Sri Lanka, classified info on Spider Protocol, a map of the Helgus Antonius, and a video of Darla herself before she ran off (unbeknownst to her, only to be killed). The last thing Rachel says on the video before she gets cut off is about the Helgus being a hospital ship… and asking why all the wards on board are quarantined…

Rachel says in her newest post that she ended up in Sri Lanka, apparently she used the ticket and is on the tails of this story. As many may recall, Darla’s voice first appeared on the 877 HANSORG number, leaving a voice message for Hugh that Sri Lanka “just wasn’t right”. It’s a dangerous situation!

OK, hopefully I’ll be able to get out the door this time, I’ll be at Comic Con until Monday. I will let you know if there are any LOST or The Lost Experience Updates from the convention when I get back. Be good, everyone!

11 Responses to Rachel Blake Update & ROT Update

1. VidGamer123 says:

Dadgumit! It’s not letting me in! I keep typing in “rblake” then “hoo-gonchoi” but I keep getting the password login! Argh!

WTF?!

2. xDest says:

Yeah same for me, so i dug up a you tube link:

3. KJ says:

Same thing happens to me. Thanks for the link!

4. VidGamer123 says:

Saw the video. Wow.

Can we draw parallels between the word Quarantine written on both the Ship Blueprints and the Hatch Doors??

5. aubs says:

Thanks for the link, wasn’t working for me either!

6. Cecilia-Another Computer says:

Ugh! I can’t believe it! They cancelled my flight, so the next one is not til tomorrow AM, which cuts it really close for the LOST stuff at the convention, hopefully I’ll still make it.

On the password stuff, sorry, I was in a hurry, otherwise I would have said to try youtube too… thanks for the link! I heard the password DOES work (the choi one)… but you have to be patient because it’s a very long download (large video). At least I have time to watch it now! The update was just coming out as I was about to step out…

7. Cecilia says:

OK, I finally did get a chance to watch it, since I am stuck anyway. Kinda interesting that this mysterious “island near the equator” ended up being Sri Lanka… though honestly, if you look at the shape, it definitely is not a good match, and lame storytelling, IMO.

The other parts of where the story are going… with the Helgus being a quarantined hospital ship, and all leads pointing to Sri Lanka as the point for the Spider Protocol… I think are very cool. Maybe we’ll finally see something suspenseful in this story… the stuff with Fixer as RB’s possible love interest/iron victim were starting to bore me. :)

8. froggirl says:

Sorry about your flight C! I hope you made it on time and am looking forward to your comments.

As far as Darla–I’m not convinced that she’s dead, though I’m probably grasping at straws. And she was a lot younger than I was imagining.

What’s the deal with the lenghth of the ship being listed as 321 on the bottom of the pic, but 294 on the right hand side?

9. winning blackjack says:

Some one tell me that your website is very good !I do think so!