Lost: A Tale of Survival

The recap/special “Lost: A Tale of Survival” will air on ABC tomorrow. According to the network the show will bring new viewers up to date and be a source of illumination for current viewers.

Feeling lost? Having a hard time keeping up with what’s happening on the island? ABC has the remedy for what ails you by inviting both new and avid “Lost” viewers to take an insider’s look at the
most talked about, critically acclaimed show on television.

“Lost: A Tale of Survival” will explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date, but which current viewers will also find illuminating. From the back stories of some of the most compelling characters on television to the mysteries of the island, “Lost: A Tale of Survival” will provide an insightful glimpse into the lives of the survivors of Oceanic Airlines flight 815.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.

I have no idea if this is a regular recap or if there will be relevant information for the hardcore fans. Either way, a recap might be a nice warm up for the upcoming season which starts on October 4.

Feel free to discuss the recap/special in the comments!

18 Responses to Lost: A Tale of Survival

1. KillerR says:

Boy, i feel sorry for anyone who decides to start watching lost this season. theyve missed so much itll be impossible to cover it in an hour. so they might as well go buy the dvds and get ready to watch lost all day and night for the next week. maybe a four hour recap would work, but i doubt it.

I agree KilleR. The first and second season are great and I would really recommend new viewers to get the dvds.

3. Hurley says:

Is that Fenry whose narrating?

4. Ginger says:

Who is narrating?

5. Libby says:

I’m pretty sure that it is Not Henry who is narrating :)

6. KJ says:

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but have you all been over to ITE lately? Speaker unmasked! And Ninja too, but mostly Speaker.

7. Amanda says:

Yes, that was Micheal Emerson, or Henry Gale, narrating – I couldn’t tell until I saw the commercial that played mid-show, but I also checked the credits.

I was very dissapointed with this show, and I think it definitely should have been extended. Shannon and Boone were never even mentioned, as if they had never even been on the plane, and I feel that some of the more important back story plots should have been mentioned. If there are actually people who are jumping into the series just based on this, I feel pretty bad for them.

I actually had never seen the show before the summer, I did (sort of) what KilleR sugguested and rented the DVDs, and now I’m an addict as well =p

8. VidGamer123 says:

I guess the execs thought that since Shannon and Boone were worm food, they weren’t relevant to recap.

And from what I saw of the Preview…

…is it possible Jack’s being held in the supposed Underwater hatch? The Flame?

9. Lost Damery says:

To be honest they had a lot of ground to cover in an hour and they did a really good job. But the clue is what they focused on … that is where they are guiding us for the next season…FHenry or Fake Henry was and is in control now (via narration) and the island seems alot different than what we thought during the pilot.
    My real dissapointment was the lack of Hurleys Girl Libby…she has more back story to add and some interesting connections that need more exploring…sure she is dead as well but she is far from gone.

I hope.

PS. I still wonder if we will learn about a whole other group on or under the island that the “others” feel the need to protect them selves from. All those guns and the deception?

10. KillerR says:

Well, wsb channel 2 here in atlanta. screwed all of the atlanta fans out of seeing tale of survival. they had to play a monica kauffman special. it did feature matthew fox, but only for a three minute segment. so thanks to wsb from all of us lost fans here in atlanta. i swear.

11. Alex says:

I know it was Michael Emerson, but didn’t you find the narration really annoying? It was so monotone…and the way he pronounced “computer”…ugh. Do you think that the narration was done by him on purpose (has relevance to the show) or just because he was who they could find?

I think it was on purpose, there’s a million people in the “biz” that could have narrated. I think it was to reiterate that the “others” know everything about the survivors.

13. Libby says:

My question is:

Who was the narrator- “Henry Gale”, or Michael Emerson?

Were we being told what was happened by an Other, or by an omniscient third party?

Because that could make a bit of difference.

Especially since the narrator referred to Henry as the leader of the others – it would be nice to know if that was his opinion of himself, or if that was an outsider’s opinion. Etc etc etc.

14. Julie says:

[quote comment=”6511″]My question is:

Who was the narrator- “Henry Gale”, or Michael Emerson?

Because that could make a bit of difference.

Unfortunately, most of the Lost fans I know in real life skipped out on that special, so I’ve had no one to talk to this about. And as this post is several down from the top now I’m rather doubting this will get seen. :)[/quote]

I was kind of wondering that myself. I took it as not-henry was the nararator. Which made it all the better. To me it seemed like he was ‘telling his tale of the survivors’ since certian things were left out. We tend to think that the ‘others’ are all seeing… but could the fact that boone and shannon were left out not be an oversight. could it be that according to the ‘others’ they were insignificant?
    ohwell, just an idea.

15. LostDamery says:

These posts are too far down I will never read them…oh I guess I did already.
    To find out who is who read this link:

If you are a lsot fan you should have known, They are the same person and as I posted it is to set the stage for the next season…He is in control.

I am ready for the season opener, I have plenty theories to discuss and I would say after going through the last two seasons DVD’s I am not sure I would be as calm as the losties with an unknown monster roaming about the jungle.

Will anyone see this?

Sure people will see your comments, that’s why we have a “Recently Commented” list in the sidebar!

LostDamery, I don’t get what you mean by “they are the same person”? Michael Emerson is not the same person as Henry Gale. Henry Gale is a character played by Michael Emerson.

I think the question discussed is if we where intended to see the narrator of Lost: A Tale of Survival as the actor or the character. Personally I’m not sure about it, but I’d guess that we where supposed to see him simply as the narrator and not like his character.

17. LostDamery says:

Sorry to confuse,
    If you want to get technical Michael Emerson was playing a man who was playing like he was Henry Gale..thus the Fake Henry Gale name..since the real Henry Gale is dead and buried underneath his crashed ballon.
    I still choose to believe that if he was just being a narrator he would not have been trying to sound as he was in his “I am the leader of the Others” voice he used in the last episode from season two.
    I still believe it was strategic and a way of setting the tone for the next season of Lost where the others are in charge and know about the LOSTIES.
    As many have mentioned they dont know everything ..like where is Sayid and Jin.
    PS. I Really like the comments feed, I have it as a focal point of my Google Home page. I really like the discussions..

Ah, I get what you mean now. Sorry for the confusion on my part too.

Glad you like the comments feed! I really like it too, that way I never miss any comments.