Lost Spoilers and Episode Previews

I had to remove several posts from the “Every Man for Himself” thread earlier this morning because they contained spoilers in the form of information from previews/teasers of future episodes.

The reason for removing this information is that I don’t want to spoil future episodes for those who don’t want to know what’s going to happen before the episodes are aired.

Personally I also prefer not to read spoilers since it makes the show more exciting, but if a majority of our readers don’t mind discussing episode previews, I suppose we could change the rules.

Regular spoilers will never be allowed on this site, but how do you feel about the episode previews/teasers? Do you watch them or do you consider them to be spoilers?

Another possibility would be to publish the episode previews in separate posts and only allow discussion of them in those comment threads. Thoughts?

21 Responses to Lost Spoilers and Episode Previews

1. Nathan says:

I do watch episode previews, and don’t condider them spoilers because, as far as I know, the full preview only airs right after lost has ended- so I only watch it once. Also, it gives me something to ponder over for the next week. But it would be great if you could write about it, since I found last nights preview to be especially confusing.

The thing is, the previews are put together by ABC and not by the Lost team and I know that Damon and Carlton have been a bit annoyed that the previews have revealed stuff they would have preferred to not reveal until it happens in the episode.

3. MasterPo says:

I don’t mind reading spoilers. When the episode does should it can help me understand what I’m seeing (especially with a show like Lost).

However, I often find the spioler description not entirely accurate to what is shown on the show.

I can go either way.

4. andres says:

Anything that’s put out by the show/network is fair game as far as I’m concerned. Anything that you read elsewhere (for example, the camp and fake hatch sneak set photos from last season) needs to be warned about.

I watch the previews, don’t mind them, and often find them to be red herrings.

5. Ginger says:

I’ve always found the previews to be very misleading so they don’t spoil anything for me.

Doesn’t matter to me, the previews are deceiving.

7. LostDamery says:

Cha ching…2 cents worth coming.
    I think it would be great to have a Pre-episode blog where you can blather on about the snippet for the next weeks episode..since they show it right after you watch the episode. However, I do NOT, personally, like the mixing of next weeks clips with location shots or leaks from the set kind of spoilers. Those things may or may not end up in the story and we have more than enough to chew on with the slew of story lines and unanswered questions.

8. MK says:

I think the show has enough mystery in it that discussing previews won’t affect anything.

I also thing that a 30 second preview will generate more debate and controversy than an entire episode that has already aired.

For this reason, they should be separated.

9. Cerberus says:

to Kristin… is’nt what you wrote about… a spoiler? :( or were you talking about this weeks episode?
    Answer by Andreas – It indeed was a spoiler. I’ve removed the comment.

I agree not to have any spoilers atall – including stuff from previews. I really don’t like the previews because they often give too much away.

just my 2cents.

10. patience says:

i think we should be able to discuss the previews but i agree andreas, we shouldnt get into any real spoilers thats why i have always enjoyed this site and this site only because i know i can read stuff without having anything ruined for me viva la lostblog.net!!!!!!!

11. If you go back and look at the map, maybe the points are not all hatches but other islands. could the pathways actually be tunnels from one island to the other?How else do they get from Island to Island? Why didn’t they mind giving up their boat to Walt and His Dad?.

12. violet says:

ok, someone posted on the wrong thread, and that will probably happen when you separate out the previews and the actual show.

i’m personally a stickler for not knowing anything about next week’s episode, but why not have a separate post about it, if people really want to speculate? maybe that’ll help keep the spoilers off the real episode posts.

13. Lesley says:

I don’t mind seeing a preview or even discussing it. Sometimes being teased like that is fun to speculate about. I think the previews are usually more misleading than anything else. I would rather not be aware of or discuss spoilers, future sets, future screen shots etc. Thanks Andreas!

14. Pam says:

The previews aired after every episode are so cut up and disorted the likelihood of the preview reflecting the events of the real episode correctly is slim. I am not one for spoilers, but I think discussing the previews would be interesting-to see how close we predict just from the previews, especially because they are very misleading.

15. MK says:

I agree with Pam. Let your imagination run wild in a separate thread dedicated to previews. No spoilers.

16. SpinPapi says:

I agree with those who say let folx discuss the previews (many clearly wish to) but on a *separate* thread, keeping each episode discussion exclusively to the show at hand.

At first, I didn’t see the point of banning discussion of previews on the blog. But then they showed the parachute discovery shot, and I was PISSED! What a great moment that would have been to first see IN show, not spoiled a week beforehand like that. There are other examples but that’s the one that REALLY got stuck in my craw. Argggh…

More recently, I’ve gotten into the habit of pausing my ReplayTV right after the final “LOST” shot comes up and sitting there in silence, vibrating with glee LOL, absorbing what each whole episode had to offer. It’s a LOT more fun (for me) that way, wondering not so much what’s coming NEXT week so much as what the hell just happened!

=]

17. champ says:

i live in paris , an do not know if you guys see the promos after theend of each esp,

when we see the esp, we saw them. so i see why are these promos classed as a spoiler, —- i saw spoiler s when u say something if it in a 2 to 6 shows doen the track,

dont take this wong chaps but , as ali G says kept it real, we know who the real guys who r evil, ben linus is so evil, ( if he wasnt evil he would never of lied,) in seasin 2, bo slector.

18. cheese says:

i too, saw the 2 fellows in the promo, they all seem s to be going on and on about the patch dude, but whos the second fellow, in the flame sation, or it seems there visting the pearl, cos ecko and locke go down the same tunnel ladder, but i guess alll hatches havre this entrance,

19. KillerR says:

[[ agree with those who say let folx discuss the previews (many clearly wish to) but on a *separate* thread, keeping each episode discussion exclusively to the show at hand.]]

How will spoiler be defined exactly?

20. Pingback: lost previews

21. win now says:

I just surfed in and found your site, I really enjoyed the visit and hope to come back soon. nice Site!