IGN's 50 Unanswered Lost Mysteries

The always ambitious IGN.com has published a massive list of mysteries that haven’t yet been answered. Here is a sample from the list:

#50: The Others and the Outside World

Whether or not The Others and The Dharma Initiative are the same, one thing has become obvious – The Others, unlike the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815, have connections to the outside world. They apparently can watch TV, they know tons of details about each survivor, including Sawyer’s real name, Jack’s profession, etc. — things that you might get with some Internet searching skills or perhaps something more advanced than that. One also wonders whether their new clothes, food, books, medicine, etc. mean that they have intimate connections to the world outside the island, at least in order to gain life’s necessities.

So the question becomes why don’t The Others leave the confines of their surroundings themselves? If they know where to find rescue or how to get away from the island, what’s stopping them from doing so? After all, they promise Michael and Walt when they hand over their boat to them that by going in a specific direction, they will find rescue. How come they don’t utilize this outlet themselves in order to go back to the outside world, maybe for some spinal surgery?

Read about the rest of the unanswered mysteries at IGN.com.

Via TVSquad

13 Responses to IGN's 50 Unanswered Lost Mysteries

1. cheese says:

a good read, its more a recap on whats been shown, so far.

however a very good find, it has 50 recaps on parts on the tv show,

As we all know lost has more qustions then answers, i only hope we get more answers to these, questions.

so if u have half and hour to hour check the link above out.

good find Andreas.

2. Shane mcinally says:

hihi all lol im confused lol i need sum1 to help me out
    is lock evil lol i seen him with red eyse he has a nasty temper . he always carrys a wepon with him lol i really think he is evil lol

that dude who was naked eeeeewwww.. i dont think he done time travel or still does lol . i really wanna see all the episodes in 1 day coz i want to no wot they do to soyer lol and i also wanna see kate take her top off and show me evrything =) lol cant wait . jack is going to die !!!!! how ,y ,wen i dont no but als i no is he going to die ( its a gut feeling) i think he will try to save kate and sum1 will kill him take her bak and lock her uyp ready for tests and stuff.. i find it really annoying wen u watch lost and it alwayts ends at the best bits it really does get me angry lol dont u all agreee.

3. Shane mcinally says:

who is willing to discuss my complaint about lost being to short lol i need to talk bout it to sum1

4. Brett says:

I’m a little confused. If the island healed Rose of her cancer and cured Locke of his disability … then why does Ben (Henry gale) have a tumor?

I read a while back that short-term exposure to ionizing radiation (electromagnetic radiation) can combat cancer, but long-term exposure actually causes cancer.

I’m not 100% sure that this is correct, but if it is, and there is or was a large electromagnetic anomaly on the island (there probably is one in or near the Swan station), it could explain why people like Ben, who have been on the island for a long time, are hurt, while those who have only been on the island for a short period are cured.

6. MasterPo says:

Would it also explain Sun now being able to conceive?

8. cheese says:

[quote comment="16527"]I’m not sure.. but are we even sure if it was Jin or Sun who couldn’t have children? Didn’t the doctor tell Sun that it was Jin who couldn’t, but that he had told them that it was Sun to not anger Sun’s father or something like that?[/quote]

ur right the doctor said it was jin, but later in the same esp, the doctor tracked sun down and said he (the doctor was forced to tell it was jin but it was Sun who was barren,

i would believe in short term the electromagnetic would help u,

i guess we will see sometime down the track.

9. KillerR says:

The doctor told them, in his office, that Sun had a problem with her fallopian tubes or something of that nature. Then he caught up to Sun later while she was walking her dog and revealed that it was Jin that was sterile. He told Sun he did not want to anger Jin due to his reputation as a “messenger”.

Thanks for clearing it up guys!

11. downthehatch says:

Great read. Even though it’s a recap, it pretty much sums up all of the questions we have on our mind. Reading it in that form, I realized 50 is a lot…considering we are only 2.5 seasons into this show. I got a little irritated/frustrated because it brought back many of the open ended questions I had forgotten about and I’m thinking there is no way they can have a payoff on even 1/2 of these things…though I hope I am wrong.

ANyway it was a very well thought out piece and I hope the powers that be read it too. Maybe they will go “WHoa…we do need to tie up a few of these things”. It would be a big joke on the audience if they decide to never tell what any of these things are and basically keep piling on the questions with no answers in mind.

I think the Libby, Michael/Walt story, Pearl Station story, and the numbers should be resolved.

12. patience says:

If a good book let you know everything by chapter 3 it wouldnt be that good of a book. Im sure they will answer alot of questions this season, alot of you like me have been watching the series since the beginning think about all the stuff that has been answered its not like their not answering the mysteries, they are answering what they can and the rest they are going to build up into something great. Thats what lost does.

I know it’s a top 50 list…but one I think is important was back when Sawyer was unconcious and Kate was caring for him, something possessed Sawyer’s body,talked to Kate as well as tried to kill her.

That one just fell of the radar too.