New Lost episodes to air four days later in the UK

According to our friends at DarkUFO, the new episodes of Lost Season 3 will air on Sky One as soon as four days after they air in the US.

Just had confirmation of the following schedule for Lost in the UK on Sky One.

Episode 7 – Sunday 11th Feb 2007 @ 10:00pm-11:00pm
Episode 8 – Sunday 18th Feb 2007 @ 10:00pm-11:00pm
Episode 9 – Sunday 25th Feb 2007 @ 10:00pm-11:00pm
Episode 10 – Sunday 4th Mar 2007 @ 10:00pm-11:00pm
Episode 11 – Sunday 11th Mar 2007 @ 10:00pm-11:00pm
Episode 12 – Sunday 18th Mar 2007 @ 10:00pm-11:00pm

I will be the first to admit that I don’t know how long the delay between the US and UK used to be on Channel 4, but compared to other European countries where Lost fans have to wait for weeks or even months to see the same episodes as fans in the US, this is great news.

3 Responses to New Lost episodes to air four days later in the UK

1. Nader says:

Yeah this is VERY good indeed. Before we had to wait up to 1-2 months or even more. I was forced to download episodes as soon as they were shown in the USA.

This is very cool especially when I can not download them. Wait/work and see them on a Sunday!

LOVELY

2. Lyle says:

Agreed, this is massive news, I went passionately crazy when I found out :)

Not only is the risk of spoilers greatly reduced from American friends, but it allows us UK fans/geeks to use resources like Lostpedias or the Lostcasts in real time (instead of having to limit or time-delay usage), even and participate without the hassle of downloading! Which again, is *awesome* news.

Yay for Sky One :)

3. Destroyer Of Worlds says:

Here in Australia they trialed showing some US shows a day or so after they aired in the States. This was because we apparently are a major culprit for illegal downloads. (I can neither confirm nor deny if I am involved with this)

There was talk they were doing the same with Lost this season, but seeing as though season 3 is scheduled to start this month sometime it means we’ll be behind by at least 6-7 weeks.