Jorge Garcia talks about Lost

Hurley in ABC's Lost

Jorge Garcia, who plays Hurley on Lost was recently interviewed by The New York Post. This week’s Lost season 3 episode “Tricia Tanaka is Dead” is briefly discussed, and Jorge talks about his view on Lost’s decline in ratings:

“Of course, we talk about the ratings on the set, but when they change something on this show, they change a lot of things. So it’s not like we can point to one thing and say this isn’t working, but I rest assured in knowing that my job on this show is just a portion of the whole. I’m not in charge of anything else and I’m not worried about it.”

The interview also contains a small revelation:

“When we first came on, we were instructed to say that we knew where it was all going, but as it kept going, we were allowed to say that we have no idea. I think about a dozen people actually know.”

The short interview, which contains very minor Lost spoilers, can be read at New York Post.

8 Responses to Jorge Garcia talks about Lost

1. AnotherOther says:

Funny that they can finally admit that they don’t know where its going. Ha!

2. minnza says:

Don’t get me wrong I love the show but I’m starting to worry about how it is going to get reigned in to one overall ‘reason’ for all this stuff happening. How can there be?

[quote comment="41853"]Funny that they can finally admit that they don’t know where its going. Ha![/quote]

The actors don’t know where it’s going but the writers do. It’s a misconception that the writers make things up as they go.

4. Pingback: Otherstation - LOST Blog » Jorge Garcia talks about Lost

5. Tina says:

[quote comment="41856"]I’m really don’t know how they are going to pull it all together to be honest!?!? Nothing gets answered, it just gets more insane.

SO SO SO SO hoping it isn’t ‘all a dream’ or something equally dreadful and dissapointing.[/quote]

6. Bill K says:

Hurley has not lost weight…

…(spoiler alert)

…because he is pregnant! He was chosen by the Others becuase he would be the one male who would least likely show it in the short term.

Locke is the father on Sun’s baby. That’s why Ben referred to him as one of the good ones.

7. minnza says:

[quote comment="41976"][quote comment="41856"]I doubt when things “wrap up” there will be a single overarching reason for everything. I think the conclusion to these events will be just as complicated as the unfolding of them has been. The more we try to imagine a singular conclusion of events, the more unnecessary hype and pressure we put into the show. It is a Metadrama, not a simple sitcom or dramedy.[/quote]

Thanks Mom I realise that… I wasn’t looking for one dumbed down reason for events on the island. These events have to be interlinked though or is it a coincidence they all happen on the same remote island?

Well, Lost deals with both chance and predetermination, so it could be either – or both.