The Official Lost Audio Podcast March 26, 2007

The latest official Lost podcast with Damon and Carlton has been released!

03.26.07 – Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse expose “The Man From Tallahassee” and preview “Exposé” (3/28/07). Jorge Garcia and Josh Holloway talk about playing ping pong behind the scenes.

Listen to the Lost podcast at ABC.com

Interesting tidbits (some spoilers):

• The “box” is not a real box but a term Ben used to make Locke understand. The “box” could be the source of the apparitions of Kate’s horse, Sayid’s cat and Jack’s dad.
  • Rousseau has issues she has to overcome before she can simply go up and embrace her daughter.
  • The next Lost episode “Exposé” is very cool but some people will say that the writers have jumped the shark.
  • The Others are “a lot badder” than you might think they are.
  • Mikhail and/or Ms.Klugh might not be dead.
  • Alcatraz island was visible on a map seen in Lost season one.
  • Henry Gale was originally supposed to escape from captivity after three episodes, but since Michael Emerson was so great, they modified the part and extended his stay in the hatch a bit.
  • It was Carlton’s birthday yesterday so congrats!

9 Responses to The Official Lost Audio Podcast March 26, 2007

1. Toeknee says:

I was fascinated by their discussion about Michael Emerson’s role and the alternate storyline that may have developed regarding Ben’s capture last season. It shows that they do have much of the major plot points worked out well ahead of time, and as the show goes along they see what works and what doesn’t and they adjusting how they get from point to point accordingly.

2. Andrew says:

[quote comment=”46827″]Also in the podcast, they say that Locke did indeed blow up the sub. (there had been some discussion about whether or not he actually did that)
    [/quote]

I’m not sure about that–they said it “certainly appeared” like he blew up the sub, which isn’t the same thing as saying he did blow it up.

4. Toeknee says:

Well, I suppose it wasn’t as definitive as I made it sound. Maybe it’s still completely open for debate. I was going by the fact that they didn’t dawdle on that subject. Usually if there is a scene that is open for interpretation, they go back and forth, like they did in the last 2 podcasts about Mikhail and/or Ms. Klugh maybe not being dead. In this podcast, they sort of glossed over the subject of Locke blowing up the sub, and that made me think there was no question that that is what happened. This is their exchange:

Carlton Cuse: Did Locke really blow that submarine up?

Damon Lindelof: Well I would say that it certainly appeared that he, uh, that he blew it up. You know-

Carlton Cuse: Exactly.

Damon Lindelof: Unfortunately, it was at the expense of Jack.

And then they got off the subject. If Locke didn’t blow up the sub, I think they would have played up the “appearance” more than they did, but maybe I’m expecting too much.

5. scott says:

[quote comment=”46840″]It seems that they are saying that Patchy is still alive. I will be disappointed if he is still alive without some type of “mysterious” intervention. Otherwise, having blood squirt out of his ears and foam out of his mouth would be “over kill” IMO. I hope Klugh is the one since they didn’t spend much time around her after she was shot.[/quote]
    Remember, he could be dead in the current timeline and still not be dead in some other timeline, if there are timelines.

6. Tanner says:

Dont forget the SMOKE!!!

7. stormclouds13 says:

I must say, they gave me a slight sense of dread for “Expose” with their “jump-the-shark” predictions and mentioning that a good number of viewers definitely won’t like it. I trust the writers and their vision, but when even Damon and Carlton admit that the episode will probably strike the wrong chord with some, it makes me wonder if I’ll be one of the some.

Open mind, I suppose.

8. poopypants says:

“The next Lost episode “Exposé” is very cool but some people will say that the writers have jumped the shark”

-Lol,thats rich …like they don’t do that two or three times an eposode anyways,just do us a favor and satck the sharks about six high and ten long,thanks.

9. login says: