Matthew Fox to star in Speed Racer?

Matthew Fox

Is Lost’s captain Jack going to star in the next project from Matrix creators Larry and Andy Wachowski? It is being reported that Matthew Fox is in final negotiations to play the role of the mysterious villain “Racer X” in “Speed Racer”.

The movie, which is a live action adaptation of an animated series from the 60s will be shot in Berlin this summer.

As a pretty big fan of both The Matrix and V for Vendetta, I’m really looking forward to see the Wachowski vision of “Speed Racer”. I don’t know much about the character Matthew would be playing, but it will be cool to see him portraying a villain.

Update: Apparently Racer X isn’t a villain, but either way I think it can be an interesting character to see Matthew portray.

11 Responses to Matthew Fox to star in Speed Racer?

1. todd sanders says:

2. FMGreenSteve says:

[quote comment="51914"]racer x isnt a villian, he is speed’s long lost older brother who is a spy and uses the racing circuit as cover.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up and sorry for the confusion!

4. MasterPo says:

As a kid (and still as an adult) I *LOVER* Speed Racer!!!! And super car the Mark V. (why 5, who knows!).

As I recall Racer X is Speed’s older brother who left home many many many years before to become a super racer. His father, the super mechanic, didn’t want him to be a racer so he left and took on the persona of Racer X. He’s not necessarily an evil/bad guy. Just a loner.

I sure hope they do the Mark V special effects well!!!!

5. MasterPo says:

Ooops – meant to say I LOVED Speed racer the show. :-)

6. SpinPapi says:

Yeah loved it too. And Racer X was the first crush I ever had. Funny, Fox looks like him. (Though no crush there.)

7. MasterPo says:

Yes. Racer X was a square-jawed character and Fox definately has a strong jawline too. But he’s not as bulked as Racer X and his voice is a bit too high pitched IMO.

8. Other 218 says:

[quote comment="51924"]Besides…you might not have to wait too long to see Matthew playing a villain…there’s still 5 weeks left in season 3![/quote]Villian my eye. his season ending backstory will make him the mega-hero for all of the Losties.. tho they won’t know it until next season. he & Locke are in serious cahoots to get ALL of the folks off of the island – Losties and Others Alike. Naomi is the planted antagonist that was sent to keep everyone there and keep the mission in-place for the corporate manipulators and para-militaries that have designs on the islands ‘capabilities’ and ‘potential’ value.

9. Joi says:

Fingers, toes, eyes arms, legs…if it’s crossable I’m crossing it. I hope this is true, I love this man.

10. BriannaLynn Geier says:

Boy, would I love to have Matthew Fox in my bed. He wouldn’t get a moments rest

11. click says:

Whoa….check out this page…hmmm, and I thought this was only for the kids