New York Magazine Interview w/ Michael Emerson

New York Magazine posted an interesting, albeit brief, interview on their Vulture Entertainment Blog with Michael Emerson today related to the finale and his thoughts about next season. This is funny on the heels of the self-imposed radio silence from Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. Someone obviously forgot to tell Benry.

Now that the finale has aired, do you have any freaking clue what’s going to happen when you start shooting again?

No, because I didn’t know what the end of the episode was until I watched it. That was a secret scene with Jack and Kate — only Matthew [Fox] and Evangeline [Lilly] were given that text and it was shot in secret.

He also comments about Naomi and his feelings about his character on the show.

15 Responses to New York Magazine Interview w/ Michael Emerson

1. Eng says:

If Ben has good intention, why is he always pretend to be the bad guy, killing people, and why is he not come straight forward sharing he world-saving mission with Jack?

I know the lostiest will get into big trouble when the boat people attack.

2. paul says:

I think Jack will start to have these flashback right near where they are being rescued or he will wake up from a dream and decides not to save them.

3. Bobola says:

Well, they still have some dynamite left?
    Could set up some traps just in case the Recuers are bogus. But then why didn’t Para-chica have any weapons?
    When the series continues it will be interesting to see if they can keep us intrigued.
    First I’ll need some explanations for Locke going all killer on Para-babe and also why Ben finally let his “daughter” meet her mother.
    New hatches to come? New Patchies to fear?

4. Toeknee says:

I got a kick out of this line:
    “And the little things they dropped made my hair stand on end!”

Um, excuse me, Mr. Emerson, but your hair is ALWAYS standing on end!

5. RaVBoy says:

Guy’s, This is some Revelation!!!

I hope Michael Emerson is not Hypothesizing!!!!!

This is Great!!!

Lost is the Greatest T.V Show, ever. Period.

Cheers Guys, Hope i can get some thoughts on this…

6. Lost Fan says:

It’s a shame that this season is over, can’t wait for teh next episode…

7. Donna says:

Did they ever show Desmond and Ben together at one time?

Is it Desmond that controls the island? Was the episode when Desmond and Jack meet at the track future or past? It seems to me that Desmond is not there when the others are there. Is that why the 2 women in the hatch was killed by one eye. It is then that Desmond came out and shot him. And Juliet, I can’t remember if she saw Desmond or she does’nt really know anything about Jacob

I don’t know but Desmond sure knows alot about the island and future.
    Is Desmond Jacob?

8. Chris says:

That was really amazing what they did. The whole time I thought it was Jack’s dad in the coffin and that it was a flashback. The last scene nearly made me cry when Jack said that he takes flights every friday crossing the Pacific just to crash back on the Island.

9. SpinPapi says:

Guy’s, This is some Revelation!!!
    if this is true, probably this is the best clue we have on for season four so far!!!!![/quote]

Glad you’re excited, but what he actually says is this: “Kate and Jack got off the island somehow, but other castaways didn’t, and they’re sick about it.”

He doesn’t say NO other castaways got off the island, just that other castaways didn’t. That could clearly mean that SOME other castaways did.

It would be much scarier if you were right, and a big revelation for sure. But Emerson has no way of knowing something that significant about next season.

10. Lost No1Fan says:

11. ClosetLostie says:

[quote comment=”62622″]Guys, is this not the final episode of lost? As I believe Ben is in the coffin, where Jack goes to visit.[/quote]
    That’s something I hadn’t thought of, perhaps you are right I was thinking it may have been Locke in the coffin.
    It may have been Sawyer though too??

12. RaVBoy says:

1) SpinPapi

Dude…. yea hehe, If this emerson guy is telling something that can Probably can happen… wooo Ohh yeah, We just encounterd a Major Breakthrough and we’ll be up for a Major Revelation!!!

I hope I’m not, that right…

ABOUT THE FUNERAL…..

2) It could have been sawyer since;

a) He’s Real Name was James.

b) He’s No freind of JacK. Neither Family.

C) And we saw a Jo… someting in the paper ad..

3) This is just a Huntch..

a) But if only, only we consider thats a Woman who’s inside the coffin….

Can it be Juliet????

Who’s Neither Friend nor Relative!!!!!!!!!

Damn… this is sure good stuff to ponder for months!!!

13. ilumzar says:

Regarding the statement: I´d say, it is Jacks “fixin” instinct that made him sick. He can´t fix it this time, because he can´t find the island anymore. Kates probably with someone else, maybe not even Sawyer.
    But why the hell should BEN be gettin buried in NY, in a afro-american district? Why hang ureself in NY, when u coul easily die on the island? BEN is not in the casket…dont u see it?

I mean, neither Claire or Aaron are Black, but has anyone taken that into consideration? Cause maybe Claire did something soo awful, that Kate doesen´t want to go to her funeral – we got 3 Month left on the Island. (presuming every season is around 30 days in realtime)

14. cog says:

[quote comment=”62302″]I dunno whether NO one noticed this But Ben aka Michael Emerson says clearly in this context that ONLY Jack & Kate has gotten off the isalnd and thats why JacK is Sick!!![/quote]

I believe that Emerson says that’s something they let drop in the finale. Is there any basis for him to say that? Is there any hint in the finale that other castaways did not get off the island?

15. J-Rad says:

Has anyone thought that maybe the body in the casket is Walt’s? He seems to have some strange connections to the island…. And at least the being that looks like Walt doesn’t want them off the island, yet….Remember the scene where he tells Locke he needs to get up?
    The other thing.. if Jack’s father is dead, then why did Jack, in the future flash, tell the new doctor to go upstairs and get his dad to see if he was more drunk than he?