Lost News Update – June 1st, 2007

Just a few items to check out happening this week in the world of Lost:

Lost Season 3 DVDWill be released on December 11th, and though originally reported that it would be delivered in Blu-Ray format, that does not seem to be the case according to Disney. It will contain a featurette on the Others, an interview with Matthew Fox, 24-hours in the life of a Lost production, and a lot more never-before-scene footage.

ABC Plans to Deliver Hi-Def Content OnlineABC plans to launch limited HD content online sometime during the month of July, and this includes Lost content.

The Official Spoilergate 2007 Investigation – Seems like the higher-ups at Disney are a little more peeved about the finale details being leaked than Damon and Carlton let on. Hopefully they can figure this out, given that the majority of Season 4 will be finished by the time we see the first episode.

Information on Season 4 – Based on an interview Michael Ausiello conducted with Carlton Cuse, next season we should find out about the four-toed statue and a lot more about Jacob.

15 Responses to Lost News Update – June 1st, 2007

1. chris says:

so is lost coming back in freakin february?!?!?

2. lost chicka says:

finally the 4 toed statue is going to be talked about again! i was begining to think they just threw it in for the heck of it. i’ll bet the 4 toed statue is a statue of jacob.

3. SpinPapi says:

4. Meg says:

I was fine with the whole “Ha ha, we’re gonna make you wait till feb. to get more new Lost”. But why the long wait on the DVD? That I am not ok with. I was planning on spending this break from Lost rewatching all THREE seasons.

5. lost chicka says:

[quote comment="63648"]I’m surprised people aren’t griping about the late DVD release date in these comments. I guess we all got all the LOST we need until next February? Or is everyone on bittorrent this summer? =][/quote]

thanx for reminding them. =) i’m fine with the late DVD release date. i have plenty of time then to watch the first 2 seasons. and besides, now i know what to ask people for christmas!

6. NickG says:

Luckily I DVR’ed season 3. :D

7. can says:

[quote comment="63802"]Luckily I DVR’ed season 3. :D[/quote]

Hi. I can t wait till that LONG for Lost 3 dvd release.

EDIT: Sorry, had to edit this post. As much as we all can’t wait for the season 3 dvd release, let’s all do our best to remain on the legal side of the fence in claiming a copy.

8. Yellow Tape says:

I’ve been catching up with the show on DVD, and almost cried when I learned the 3rd season wouldn’t be released until December. What will I do until then?!? Woe is me!

9. theOtherdave says:

I have to agree December seems like an awfully long time to wait for release of Season 3. But I guess I will. Hey, over at Amazon if you preorder the DVD they will discount the price and ship it out once it is released.

I am clueless what to make of the 4toed foot.

10. aardwolf says:

The four-toed statue would only be confusing if they were on Earth… :-)

11. dave says:

12. joe says:

Oh my goodness I’m so freaking excited. I just saw that a piece of the wrecked plane from LOST is up for sale. It’s signed by JJ Abrams who I freaking love! They said the proceeds will go to Artists for a New South Africa. I think that’s cool of him to do. I’m broke so totally will not be getting it. Just wanted to give my fellow LOST lovers the heads up. Here’s the link: http://www.charityfolks.com/cfauctions/auction_verticalngo.asp?slrid=14 they have other items that are pretty cool too like a jacket that samuel l. jackson wore in his movie. That one is cheaper than the plane piece. By the way, my birthday is in two weeks in case you guys wanna get something for me. Ha ha. Happy bidding!

13. SabrinaFair says:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! >:(

DECEMBER!!!!???!!!! That is 6 months away!!! >:'(

I don’t have cable, or DSL… so I haven’t even seen season 3 yet!!!! They are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (head banging smiley here please)

I NEED MY FIX!!! I’ve already watched the first two seasons until I can just about quote them… I wish that the 3rd season DVD gratification was right around the corner! :(

I can’t even visit Lost discussion sites because I’m a season behind and don’t want to ruin it for myself… God give me strength.

OK, Vent over. Going to lick my wounds. 8)

14. theOtherdave says:

[quote comment="64329"]I don’t see the big hoohah about the statue – plenty of people have 4 toes (Shania Twain and Jean Michael Vincent for example).[/quote]

Hey Dave …Other Dave here!
    I find the whole 4 toed foot/statue SO WEIRD. And the size of it seemed immense. Like the myth about the Colossus of Rhodes. By then way I don’t know anyone with 4 toes but I believe you that there are plenty of people with only 4 toes.
    Hey what if there is another station in it!(?)
    Would it be called “The Foot”?

15. lost chicka says:

are the 4 toed statue the temple?

sorry SabrinaFair! why don’t you just watch it on abc.com tho? have fun trying to resist reading the blogs tho. :)