Lost News – June 27th, 2007

-Kristin of E! Online is reporting that Harold Perrineau’s return is contingent upon the amount of cash he is asking for.

Back then, Harold was offered a truckload of money. Now, sources tell me he wants that same truckload. The question is whether he will receive it—hence, the holdup.

Question: We still have Walt, is Michael that important anymore?

-There has been some controversy over the course of the last week as it relates to the release date of the Lost Video Game, some websites are saying it’s still on target for a fall release in 2007, but others are reporting that it has been pushed back to as late as 4th quarter 2008. The lastest reports surfacing are suggesting that the release will happen this year.

The information that is known thus far is that the game is built utilizing an engine similar to that previously used in the game Farcry. There have also been a number of reports that the producers are “pleased” with the video game and also one where Damon Lindelof said he was basically blown away, which seems to bode well for the eventual release.

-Finally, an article regarding the differences between fantasy and science fiction in the UK Guardian quotes Damon Lindelof:

Perhaps disingenuously, given that the pilot cost a whopping $5m, Damon Lindelof, the show’s executive producer, says it was never supposed to be a hit show. “It was meant to be a cult show like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Alias. Somehow this show became broader. The fact that my mother was ever watching Lost in the first place is a shock to me. It’s weird and there’s a monster and there’s the Dharma Initiative. And she said, ‘I love the characters.'”

11 Responses to Lost News – June 27th, 2007

2. Will says:

[quote comment=”71606″]My thought is we need Michael back to see how the writers had planned on dealing with his apparent removal from the island(did he actually get back to the real world?) and consequences for killing people to find Walt. How would Hurley react? What would Jack, Kate, and Ford do about being set up by Michael? He can’t ride off in boat and that’s it…can he?[/quote]
    All good points, but could that effectively be told through Walt rather than having Michael back on the show? Remember, the character had basically been written off because Perrineau was to star in a different show that ultimately fell through…

Will, they definately could just have Walt story tell…but that wasn’t the writers plan and it sure isn’t how Lost operates (seems to me when the viewers are told by a character what has happened, it’s been a lie). So, if they can get him back I want to see it. Also, I was never happy with just writing Michael off. IMO, he can’t just ride off in boat and that’s it…what the heck happened to him?

[quote comment=”71650″]What strikes me as a bit ironic is that Harold got the role of “Link” in the Matrix sequels because the actor who played “Tank” was asking for too much money to reprise his role.

I’d love to see Michael on Lost again so I really hope money and big egos don’t get in the way.[/quote]

The genuine Andreas? Good to hear from you. And agreed.

6. MartinV says:

Jesus, I hope they do their best to make a GOOD video game… As far as I have seen, similar projects usually fail to reach the quality of the TV show. But with FarCry engine – this might be something worth playing.

7. Kate says:

Some ideas…

*Walt could storytell. I wouldn’t mind as it would be done with the same integrity everything else on LOST is produced with.
    *How about Michael & Walt going missing…winding up, being found, dead…5 years later & stuck in that coffin Jack’s visiting in the future flash. Kate CERTAINLY would not want to go to his funeral as she watched him sail away from that jetty!
    *I am one of the staunchest LOST supporters of my group of friends in N.Z. – to me they can do NO wrong but I must say…I have concerns from this story that perhaps Cuse & Lindelof DONT have the series planned out…example waiting for Harold P to agree to come back means changes, new storylines & outcomes. Swallow your pride H.P. & just be part of the show as the last pilot fell through & you don’t wanna count your chickens before they hatch. No pun intended. Either way – I say f*%k Michael as a character. He had his chance & the Walt that appeared to Locke is smokey I believe, so Walt could be out too…I would like to see Walt back but how will they manage that with no Michael. Ouch.

8. Kate says:

Oh oh even better, lets have Michael & Walt back for one episode on the boat where Walt KILLS Michael & then takes the boat back to the jetty. Thus making him very desirable to Jacob & Dharma for killing his Daddy. Perhaps that’s the mission Walt has been given by the Dharmaites when they were separated??
    ok i’ll stop now.

9. lost chicka says:

what the heck is wrong with you people!?!?! michal? god no. please do not let him come back. PLEASE no!!! all he was good for was screaming at walt & locke, getting into fights, yelling, shooting 2 women & himself, turning 4 of his friends in, and yelling at people. he was AWFUL!!! i don’t care if it screws up the whole story, i HATE michael. the only reason he should come back is if Sawyer beats the crap outa him, Hurley gets to run over him cuz he killed libby, or (my personal favorite) Locke blows him up cuz the island tells him too.

10. matt says:

I just hope Micheal does come back and the video game is for the PS2 as well because I’m to cheap to buy a next gen console.

11. win now says:

It’s a great website of yours. I surfed by and found it very informative. Bookmarked and check you back in a while