Official Emmy Nominations

Here are the official nods for Lost:

Outstanding Directing for A Drama Series:

Lost • ABC • ABC Studios
Michael Emerson, Michael Emerson as Ben

Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series:

Lost • Through The Looking Glass • ABC • ABC Studios
Carlton Cuse, Written by
Damon Lindelof, Written by

All nominations can be found here.

The next obvious question is not if Lost got the shaft again, but really what was the severity of it this year? Glaringly obvious to me is that Heroes got the nod for Outstanding Dramatic Series over Lost. What are your thoughts?

10 Responses to Official Emmy Nominations

1. Toeknee says:

I’m disappointed but not terribly upset that Lost wasn’t nominated for best drama. There are plenty of other worthy shows that were also left off the list – Friday Night Lights, The Wire, Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica.

BUT, what does piss me off is that dreck such as Grey’s Anatomy got the nod over Lost or any of those other shows.

My vote goes to the Sopranos.

I agree with ToeKnee.

The majority of American TV watchers want to watch the same old crap over and over. It’s the same people that complain that the mysteries aren’t answered in one show. That’s why evening dramas are basically soap operas. I mean isn’t Grey’s an ER rip off which is a General Hospital rip off, etc.? Lost is too involved for most people, so even though they watch it in passing, they don’t watch enough or in depth enough to see/think it’s worthy of awards.

3. Richard says:

Elizabeth Mitchell should have been on the supporting actress list. THAT was the bigest oversight IMHO.

4. I agree with the previous comments. What disappoints me the most is that the Emmy nominations and awards are selected by members of the academy, *not* by the viewing public; if it were the latter, I could see why Grey’s Anatomy et al. get nominations and awards. But aren’t the professionals supposed to follow a higher standard?

My $.02 on Heroes over Lost is that they are both seen as fitting in the same “genre”, and the former got a bit more buzz (especially early in the season), while Lost took some hits for the mid-season hiatus, so they gave the “mystery drama” slot to Heroes. At least, that’s how I make sense out of it.

5. Billyrap says:

It sickens me to see that CRAP like greys get nominated and lost does not. Season 3 of Lost was the best written and acted of the series. Look I like heroes, but come on, i dont care what the ratings say or what the “buzz” is; no way it should have been nominated best drama, especially over Lost!!

Chris, I don’t who does the nominating and voting for Emmys…but I can tell you that you if you follow the money trail you will see the motivation. If these folks see that the butter for the bread is with Grey’s and Heroes…then Grey’s and Heroes it is. Forget the higher standards…look for the money.

7. I guess I personally don’t see what the big deal is.

It’s just a bunch of awards.

I don’t need my favorite shows to win awards in order for me to enjoy them.

8. Futziii says:

@Steve

The ‘big deal’ is that the people hat win awards have a better chance and easier time of putting their future shows on the air.

People who win multiple awards every year always are at the top of the list for the best time slots and bigget budgets.

I agree that you personally don’t need an award-winning show to satisfy you, but if that show does win, the chances of finding more in the same vein in the future.

9. Jules says:

My vote goes to Heroes. I started watching Season 1 online about a week ago on the NBC website and I’m really enjoying it. Season 2 starts in Sept, so that will give me something to watch until Lost starts back up. The first few episodes aren’t really that exciting, but once you get up to about ep 10-13 (which is where I am now) it starts to get really good. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a Lost replacement for Fall.

10. Meathead says:

Disapointing. I thought there’d be a story on here about Michael returning.