Michael returning to Lost

Michael returning to Lost

According to ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson, and after a lot of pressure from the critics in the audience, Harold Perrineau is returning to the show as Michael. According to this article, the news was supposed to be saved for ComiCon, but fanboy pressure prevailed.

From Yahoo’s story about the news:

ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson didn’t offer any details Wednesday of what’s in store for Michael. He also didn’t say whether Walt, the son played by Malcolm David Kelley, will be seen again.

So for everyone who’s been suffering separation anxiety from missing Michael and Walt, cheers to you. Although we don’t know when we will find out what happened to them, or if Walt will be back also, I’m ready to hear the story. So, according to Lost time, it’s been roughly 4-6 weeks since Michael and Walt left in the boat, I think.

Thanks to Aaron and Meathead for the tips.

Update: Another write-up here. (thanks Toeknee)

This entry was posted in Abc, Lost. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Michael returning to Lost

Finally some good news for the fans. I personally don’t care for his acting, but I need to know what the writers intended the story to be!!

Now get Alpert back and were in business.

2. Craig says:

Yeah I don’t much care for Michael either, but it will be interesting to know what he has been up to since we last saw him…

3. Kate says:

I feel the loss of Alpert is FAR more devastating to the plot of the show, or at least where I wanted it to go, than the loss of Michael all over Harold’s pay packet.
    Thanks for the news in the LOST downtime.

4. jugfnv says:

i guess you all forgot he was suppose to leave the island.

5. Billyrap says:

Thank God, Michael isn’t my favorite but i definately need to know what has happened to him!!! Kudos to Lost!!

6. lost says:

Im still pretty mad at micheal and im sure everyone else will be, and i sort of hate him, but after all the character losses id rather see him than no one.

7. lost chicka says:

hell no.

i’m sorry, but if you’re gonna take away alpert & then put michael back on you must be crazy. all michal did was run around the island doing one of three things 1) yelling at walt, 2) yelling for walt, or 3) get into fights with random people. honestly i don’t miss any of that.

they better have a good story line that doesn’t involve michale running around the island screaming “waaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllt!!!!!”. i’m still open to locke blowing him up, or hurley running him over with the van, or sawyer &/or sayid beating him mercilessly & then when he finally gives in sawyer shoots him & says “i didn’t believe him”. or he comes back with the people on the boat to “rescue” the rest of the losties & instead something bad happens.

8. Ali says:

Did anyone else catch this: the producers introduce Harold/Michael at comic_con, encourage the audience to ask him questions but no one does. When someone asks, “what are the questions that we are not asking but we should be asking?” The producers laugh and respond with a great list of big picture questions including, “Who’s in the coffin?” Then they turn to Michael and ask, “so Harold, who do you think is in the coffin?” Harold says, well it is someone with a teenage son…

Michael is clearly essential to understanding the story and I take the comic_con dialogue as a hint that Michael is in the coffin. But how does he die? When? Why? And how do Walt’s special powers connect to it all?

9. Toeknee says:

Ali – I don’t think (although I could be wrong)that Harold has any inside knowledge about who is in the coffin. He seemed to be repeating the speculation that has occurred on the internet.

What is interesting to me is that with all the hoopla over Harold/Michael returning, there was no mention of Walt returning. Does this mean anything? Could Walt have died after they left the island? And if so, that might rule out Michael as being in the coffin, because then he wouldn’t have a teenage son. Perhaps I’m reading to much into the lack of a mention of Walt returning.

At any rate, I hope Walt does return because I’m more interested in seeing a continuation of his story (re: his being “special”) than Michael’s.

10. Bobola says:

HA; good post Lost Chika!

Sorry… I’m out of Bear Jokes but love to see Michael get eaten by the Polar Bear and let out a big burp. Or maybe some shark gets him as he returns…seems the writers are not taking advantage of the local Jaws at all; too cliché?
    I surely don’t want Michael to come back without something very bad happening to him. Well, thatz my old fashioned idea of justice.

Why would Smokey kill Eko and leave the worm Michael alone?; What was Eko’s sin (at least while on Island)? Smokey must be evil.