WGA strike update

As many of you know, the WGA strike is officially over and it is now clear what that means for Lost:

• We will get through Episode 7 of Season 4 and then there will be a five week (roughly) hiatus after which we will then get 6 or 7 more episodes to conclude this season
  • Once “Grey’s Anatomy” returns, Lost will get bumped to the 10 PM EST slot on Thursday night – not a bad thing considering that Grey’s is such a huge show ratings-wise
  • The 2 or 3 episodes (or hours of programming) we do not get this season will be made up for in the future – so says Carlton Cuse

9 Responses to WGA strike update

1. Alex V says:

Whilst it’s great to be getting more Lost, it’s disappointing that the storyline for this season will have to be condensed. Whilst I support the writer’s strike, and understand the problems of airing episodes in summer with regard to ratings, it’s still not ideal.

2. Meg says:

[quote comment=”181348″]
    I don’t think I am alone in saying that a better solution would have been for them to have aired the current 8 episodes now, ending with the cliff hanger, and then to produce the remaining 8 as planned and air them in the Autumn, meaning we don’t have another painful 8 month wait for new Lost like last year, and the storyline is told as planned.[/quote]
    Why would that be a better solution? Maybe for you, but Carlton said this way is better for the show. It makes more sense to cut it there.

3. DocH says:

I agree that 7+6 is better than 8+0 or 8+5. They could air the show on Sunday at 11:30PM all summer long, and I think 95% of us would still watch. Slipping episode #8 to the second half of the season actual helps the production and the ratings more so than “it is the best place to break the plot. Slipping ep#8 (already in the bag) buys an extra week to get production and post-production back up to speed with out the pressure of having to meet a hard air date. Plus, with 6 episodes in the second half, it will give them some inertia to straddle the May Ratings Sweeps will a full head of steam. Slipping to a later hour helps too. ‘CSI’ will be back to full force. Okay for ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ to do battle with. Better for LOST to battle against ‘Without a Trace’.

4. Erin says:

Hurrah! 13 episodes is a lot better than 8! Just glad we’re going to get more Lost. Regardless of time slot, I’ll be there to watch it (and I have two babies that keep me up all night! I need my sleep, but will sacrifice it to spend more time on the island…)

5. Alyssa says:

Here we are back to screwing around with the timeslot. No, it is not better to show it at 10:00 on Thursday after Grey’s Anatomy. It’s too late, it’s another move for people to keep track of. If this show is so important to ABC, then find a spot and KEEP it there. Preferably at 9:00, but when it was on at 8:00 the ratings were the best.

6. Greg says:

what ever happend too 24 episodes. i am glad that there will be 13 but come on 13 episodes is not the full srory. what would happen if 24 cut down to 13 episodes,it would never happen.why lost when it is the most well thought out and intricate series?t has inhanced my life so much i dont know what i would do without it.am i the only one?

7. sarah says:

I totally agree with Greg. I think they should shoot a straight 24 episodes even if it goes straight into the summer months. This show has become apart of me I cant handle this!

8. Snoop Dogg says:

9. Toeknee says:

[quote comment=”190358″]t’s pretty crazy ta thizzay there was a contention of thugz out there who thought T-H-to-tha-izzat this particizzles episode was a let down afta tha season premiere – i could not disagree more n shit. this episode rocked, n i cannot brotha a cracka infusion of new hustla into any show i have ever watched . Nigga get shut up or get wet up. i thought tha mackin’ was incredible, especially by jeremy davies as tha characta “daniel faraday” (is he really that awkward/goofy or is tizzy jizzle manipulizzles n ken leung as “miles” (ghost whisper’n kicks ass, as long as it doesnt involve jennifa love-hizzles. there is a ton ta digest fizzle this episode, but here is a few th’n i found interest’n where the sun be shinin and I be rhymin':[/quote]
    Word