Eggtown Recap & Other Ramblings

I have to say that the first four episodes of Season 4 have definitely delivered – we may not be getting all the answers we are looking for, but you can definitely feel that the storytelling is moving forward at a much more rapid pace than in past seasons. There was a lot of really great commentary associated with the episode post, and here are a few things that caught my eye:

*Could Miles Be Ben’s Man on the Boat?

-This is something I did not initially consider, but thanks to reader adriennez for bringing this to light. The exchange between Ben and Miles was extremely peculiar, as many of you noted in regards to the precise amount of money that Miles is looking for – $3.2 million:

Miles was the one who talked about using a secret code with Naomi when we first saw him…the whole “tell my sister I love her” thing. I think when Ben said “why $3.2 million, why not $3.3 or $3.4?”, that he was confirming whatever message Miles was trying to tell him. Mile also said that Ben had 3 days and Ben said that he needed a week, which Miles agreed to. I think this was more code talk.

I still think it is more likely that Michael is Ben’s man on the boat – but perhaps that is a unlikely scenario given that the freighties are probably well aware of the identities of those people who were on Flight 815. Something to consider…

*Is that really Claire’s Aaron?

-I am kind of torn on this one – Lindelof and Cuse typically chide the fandom for over thinking some of the stuff they blatantly put out there for us, but I am not 100% sold that the Aaron we saw in the future is Claire’s son. I’ll give you two scenarios I think are within the realm of possibility:

1) My too much time to think Scenario: Something bad happens to Claire and Aaron – Kate is pregnant with Sawyer’s child and ultimately names him Aaron in some weird homage to her Lost-mates. This could also explain why Jack has such a hard time seeing the child – because it is Sawyer’s and because in the future he knows that Claire/Aaron were related to him and he is having a hard time dealing with whatever happened to them. I know this is a bit far reaching…

2) My more plausible Scenario: Something bad happens to Claire and it ultimately has something to do with a decision that Jack made – or, Claire has to give Aaron up for some reason (either she is compelled to stay on the Island, or Aaron is taken from her for some reason). Jack laters finds out Claire was his sister and it makes things even worse. Kate takes custody of Aaron and Jack cannot get over what happened to Claire – hence his unwillingness to see the child.

*The Oceanic 6 (of 8)

-Many of you, like myself, found Jack’s testimony at Kate’s trial extremely interesting, partially because of his fabricated recollection of what happened, but more specifically that the the Oceanic 6 were the Oceanic 8 at some point – it will be interesting to see which characters they position as the two who did not make it (and, are these characters already gone, or will we see two major characters perish in the near term?).

Also, I do not think Aaron or Ben will be or should be considered one of the 6. Aaron was still in utero when the plane crashed (or conceived on the Island depending on which theory you subscribe to), but either way he would not have been listed on the manifest and therefore should be removed from consideration IMHO. We now know that Ben has the wherewithal to come and go as he pleases – and I am sure he finds a way to stay on his beloved Island.

*Kate’s Deal

-Stuck in California for 10 years? Sounds like foreshadowing to me, and at least we can fully understand why Kate was dismissive of Jack’s pleas to return to the Island at the end of Season 3. I imagine Kate will have a big decision to make at some point in the next couple of seasons – related to whether she will jeopardize her freedom to make an attempt to return to the Island.

Finally, I wanted to reiterate the need to be congenial in the comment section associated with the posts. Given the level of post-show activity we see, it can be difficult to thoroughly follow and read through hundreds of comments – the problem is further exacerbated by the timing delays that can be seen when a ton of people are trying to post at once. We have a lot of loyal readers who contribute and I would hate to see anyone alienated. Please try to follow the rules we have set forth:

*Read all comments before commenting. If something has already been said, there is no need to say it again.
*Stay on topic. If your comment is about last week’s episode it belongs in that comment thread. Search and find the right post.
*Be constructive, don’t complain about Lost unless you want to discuss your complaint.
*No spoilers or discussion of episode previews.
*Be kind and helpful.

I am looking forward to Thursday night!

57 Responses to Eggtown Recap & Other Ramblings

1. Missy says:

I guess this falls under the catagory of “other ramblings” – Do you think that there is any chance that the frieghter chick Charlotte and the psychic’s daughter Charlotte could be one in the same. Perhaps she was married and changed her last name from Malkin to Lewis.

Names are just so important in this show, I can’t see them having two Charlotte’s without their being a connection.

Along those lines. Do you think that the psychic really had good intentions in helping Claire, or do you think someone paid him to make her get on the plane, knowing it was going to crash?

That’s all for now. I’m still trying to wrap my brain around all the other points mentioned above. But love reading everyone’s take on them!

[quote comment=”187672″] – Do you think that there is any chance that the frieghter chick Charlotte and the psychic’s daughter Charlotte could be one in the same. Perhaps she was married and changed her last name from Malkin to Lewis.

[/quote]
    Entirely possible, since time travel is a theory. But that girl seemed to be a teen when she approached Ecko getting on 815. So her age doesn’t fit…unless she’s a time traveler.

3. Laura* says:

They are also different actresses. They have different parents (Richard for Malkin/David), different origins (Australian/English). Still possible… it is lost, however there is a good amount of information about them both. Definitely interesting… and even if they aren’t the same they could be connected in some way.

4. Toeknee says:

Another rambling….

I haven’t watched this yet, but there’s a new video podcast available here:

[quote comment=”187725″]Another rambling….

I haven’t watched this yet, but there’s a new video podcast available here:

[quote comment=”187733″][quote comment=”187725″]Another rambling….

I haven’t watched this yet, but there’s a new video podcast available here:

The prop master that they show in this podcast is the Jacob we saw the first time we saw the cabin. Take a close look![/quote]
    “Jacob was portrayed by prop master Rob Kyker for the filming of this particular episode.” from lostpedia.com…hey! I was right!

8. ANON2 says:

Eggtown humor:

Q: How long can a twitchy ghost-whisperer hold a grenade in his mouth?

A: The rest of his life.

[quote comment=”187762″]Eggtown humor:

Q: How long can a twitchy ghost-whisperer hold a grenade in his mouth?

A: The rest of his life.[/quote]

Haa. Good one.

I wonder if that will humble the little smart ass.

10. Julie says:

[quote comment=”187762″]Eggtown humor:

Q: How long can a twitchy ghost-whisperer hold a grenade in his mouth?

A: The rest of his life.[/quote]

HAHA! I’m totally stealing this and putting it on my myspace! LOL!

11. PBX says:

Hmm I def think that Miles might be on the in with Ben.

12. randy says:

“And it answers whether it’s Claaron or Kaaron…so if you don’t want to know…don’t watch.”

huh? Can you explain this comment?

13. RGS says:

[quote comment=”187815″]”And it answers whether it’s Claaron or Kaaron…so if you don’t want to know…don’t watch.”

huh? Can you explain this comment?[/quote]

There was a debate as to whether the baby Kate holds at the end is Claire’s baby or some other child. The podcast answers that question.

14. Lesley says:

Miles – I am not sure that he is the guy on the boat, I am opting for Minkowski and that is why Frank told Dan not to talk to him. But Miles must know about some cash that Ben has stashed (maybe he can hear all the whispers all the tim. I would not be surprised if some of the cash didn’t follow Cooper through the time portal in Ben’s closet and its stashed in the Temple for safekeeping. Offhand I do not recall the amount of money that Locke walked away from way back when dear ole Dad’s deal cost him his girl but could this be connected?

Aaron – I am in the Aaron is “turnip head” club. I think that he became a toddler in a matter of months after leaving the island and that is why Kate wants to keep him hidden.

O6 leftover from 8 – My guess is that somehow between the freighter ride and arrival back into the real world there was a ginormous fight, leaving all involved the need to account for two dead bodies. Perhaps the freighter folk refused to go back to the island for the rest of the clan (after making a deal with Jacko) and that is how two of the eight met their demise and Jack’s so guilt-ridden now. Yikes! ~8-O Of course, I also feel like something nasty will happen in Lockeland as well.

Kate’s deal – I think that Kate agreed to the long 10 years in an effort to reign herself in and to give Aaron a chance at some stability. Let’s face it, she has not been able to stay in one place (even when she is on the island), so eventually the newness of having Aaron will begin to wear on her traveling soul and she will need incentive to stay put. Will is sooo right about the foreshadowing. Once Kate begins to see some of smokey’s off island work she’ll be looking for Ben’s closet portal with Jack and Hurley. I have a felling that is where Michael will come in.

Loving eveyone’s theories and looking forwrd to Thursday!

15. Steve says:

If this is so, it would seriously challenge the theory that this Aaron is a different Aaron (i.e., Kate and Sawyer’s baby), since the showrunners refer to the “Oceanic 6″, and a Kate/Sawyer baby wouldn’t have been on Oceanic 815.

That’s the way I see it, anyway. Great blog!

16. lost chicka says:

[quote comment=”187762″]Eggtown humor:

Q: How long can a twitchy ghost-whisperer hold a grenade in his mouth?

A: The rest of his life.[/quote]

lol. nice. =] i just litterally laughed out loud!!!

i don’t want miles to be ben’s guy on the boat, i’m hoping for michael. but i can see what was said between those 2 being code. that was such a peculiar scene, and it was just a bit bazaar.

17. Miraks says:

That’s the way I see it, anyway. Great blog![/quote]

18. Miraks says:

[quote comment=”187881″]

![/quote]
    I don’t think Kate is keeping Aaron hidden. She just did not want him exposed to the craziness that is surrounding her trial (as we saw when she arrived in court). Personaly, I think most good parents would keep little kids sheltered from the media hype.

19. Miraks says:

[quote comment=”187881″]

![/quote]
    As I have said on the Eggtown blog, I think that they will have to claim Claire as one of the two that did not survive (making the O8 the O6). That is the only way that Aaron can make it back- if Claire survived the initial crash but died later (although they might claim it happened during childbirth).

20. TheWonderfulMrEcko says:

What if the reason kate doesn’t want to have Aaron be seen is because is someone is out to get the truth behind Flight 815 and they seen Aaron the would try to take him away or maybe kill kate because of the fact she stole the baby from Clair. Maybe Clair has no idea that kate took aaron from her and thats how she became “Lost”

21. Circus Mom says:

[quote comment=”187974″][quote comment=”187887″]As far as Aaron being one of the Oceanic 6, unless there was a major network blunder, he has to be. The preview for Eggtown promised another of the six would be revealed, and since Aaron was the only new revelation…

That’s the way I see it, anyway. Great blog![/quote]
    I think the reveal was Kate, since she was not confirmed as one of the O6 beforehand (people speculated that she got off the island secretly, not as one of the O6). We only knew Jack, Hurley, and Sayid.[/quote]
    In the rebroadcast of “The Econimist” the close caption said that there had been four of the O6 revealed. The preview for “Eggtown” said a new O6 would be revealed so Aaron is a O6 and must be Claaron.

Now I
    l’ll go and watch the podcast.

[quote comment=”188119″]

[/quote]
    I tend to agree until proven wrong. As I stated before, I don’t think you have to be on the manifest to part of lore of survivors. Aaron was on the plane and therefore a survivor and therefore a possible O6er.

23. intolost says:

Sorry. Who exactly is Minkowski? Is is Patchy?

24. intolost says:

Could the boat mole possibly be Patchy? He doesn’t die.

25. Toeknee says:

[quote comment=”188119″]
    [/quote]

26. RGS says:

[quote comment=”188153″][quote comment=”188119″]
    [/quote]
    That makes sense, but you can’t always trust the previews. They’re prepared by ABC, and I believe the Lost production staff has no input. Remember back in season 3, the preview for the dreadful Bai Ling episode – the previews promised answers to 3 of the show’s biggest questions. One of the answers was how Jack got his tattoos, as if that was really a concern. Another was what happened to the kids from the tail section, but the answer didn’t really tell us much, just that they were living with the Others, which we pretty much knew anyways. I don’t remember the 3rd question/answer but I think it was equally lame.[/quote]

Totally agree. Those ABC previews are written to try to draw in viewers and boost ratings, they take advantage of our addiction. A drug dealer promising a “brand new high,” “this is that new stuff,”…”got an O6 for you, check it out.” All along it’s the same ole crack.

27. Jaru says:

28. Lesley says:

Jaru, I don’t recall that the women who get pregnant and leave the island to deliver also do not survive. They never tested the theory as Ben would not allow Juliet to take any of the women off the island. Although I believe that Aaron is Claire’s Aaron and one of the O6, I understand the debate. TPTB over the years have thrown us so many curve balls it is useful to question everything presented to us in order to try and vet the truth before some later reveal, especially with everything happening so fast in S4. RGS, love your addiction analogy, isn’t it the truth? By Wednesday we are all drooling! (You can never trust the previews as they have consistently played with the truth.)

[quote comment=”188267″]This is ridiculous….Aaron IS one of the oceanic 6. There is no question about that. I don’t understand all the debate. Also, it IS Claire’s Aaron, again all debate of this is really really stupid. If it was Sawyers and Kate’s baby, Kate would be dead, anybody who got pregnant on the island dies, even if they have the baby off the island. This is one time where the Lost guys are not trying to trick anybody.[/quote]
    Really? You can tell when they are or are not trying to trick us? That would be very useful…but until the podcast there was not def. answer to who’s kid that was. And you certain don’t know if a preg. dies if she gets off the island. That was told to us by Ben’s not allowing Juliette to do that…so we have been set up to believe Kate may be preg. and maybe get off the island that way. Who confirmed that Aaron is an O6?

There are some ridiculus theories going around…but these are not.

30. Joe Ayala says:

Not like we need to make Lost any more enjoyable but my brother-in-law and I came up with a Fantasy Lost game. Check it out: http://www.joe-ayala.com/lost-fantasy-game

31. Republican Gaurd says:

32. Ben says:

33. lost chicka says:

34. jack is pompous says:

35. ANON2 says:

[quote comment=”188503″]
    [/quote]

And Jack was supposed to be played by?

A: Michael Keaton.
    (Batman, BeetleJuice, Mr. Mom…)

36. Circus Mom says:

Republican Guard (31): or maybe she just didn’t want to do it with him. ya know they really don’t need to be doin it everytime they see each other!! but you could be right (nice name).[/quote]

37. Republican Gaurd says:

thanks lost chika, but i think they wsawyeer did expect to get a little because the following morning they started again but kate stopped it and sawyer said something like “since we didnt do anything last nigght…” or something to that effect.

also i think that the time lapse/travel thing may actually hold water, another clue is kates car thats in her driveway, its the same car she was driving when she met jack at the end of last season, causing me to believe that the jack we saw at the end of last season is not too far from comimg into loom.

38. Ray says:

i dont know if this has been mentioned. I think Micheal is Ben’s man on the boat. Locke saw Walt in the jungle so that suggests that Micheal and Walt can still be around. Also, I believe Jack’s father is Jacob … I freezed framed the scene with Ben took Locke to Jacob and it looked like Jack’s father in the chair. That makes sense cause Jack never found his father’s body when he found the empty casket in the first season. Looking forward to tonights episode.

39. Miraks says:

[quote comment=”188398″]Another reason i don’t believe that Kate got preganant is because of the scene where she goes to Sawyer’s house and they proceed to seem like they are making love, only to later find out that they didn’t. And when they wake the next morning Sawyer still doesn’t get any! This leads me to beleive that Kate is going through her monthly cycle, and now she knows she is not preganant.[/quote]
    Or, she doesn’t want to risk getting pregnant. She just had a big pregnancy scare so maybe she is now thinking- wow, I better not take the risk unless Sawyer finds some super-duper dharma condoms!

40. Toeknee says:

Here’s some more info. According to Micheal Ausiello at TV Guide, the remaining episodes for this season will be broadcast as follows:

Episode 5: Feb. 28
    Episode 6: March 6
    Episode 7: March 13
    Episode 8: March 20
    Episode 9: April 24
    Episode 10: May 1
    Episode 11: May 8
    Episode 12: May 15
    Episode 13: May 22 (season finale)

41. Bailey Loves Lost says:

[quote comment=”188519″][quote comment=”188470″]i think kate just doesn’t want aaron in court to see his mom like that, she wasn’t letting him watch tv – possibly so he wouldn’t see coverage of the case??? and she doesn’t want him to answer their questions probably bcuz she just would want to use him like that or bcuz he might not be able to answer the questions like that.

Perhaps either Aaron dosn’t remember anything form the Island, or, he dose remember and Kate and the rest of the O6 can’t trust/expect him to lie. She would be adament about keeping him out of the courtroom if he might say something that contradicts what the world “knows” happened after the crash.[/quote]

I think Aaron must be too young to remember anything from the island or understand what happened. I really think that Kate might not want him to be in the courtroom because she doesn’t want him susceptible to all of the media/attention. Or there is definately something more – after all, Aaron is supposed to be “special” according to the psychic that Claire saw in Season One.

I can’t wait for the episode tonight. And keep up with the great posts, everybody! Gives me something to do on my breaks at work :-)

42. - says:

[quote comment=”188760″]
    [/quote]
    ToeKnee, how old is the Ausiello data on the schedule, pretty new or fairly old?
    Cuse said two weeks ago, after the strike, that they would break after 7 shows and return with 6 (13). The TV Guide data says 8 then 5 (13). Just curious. I can’t find the answer at ABC or in my Yahoo TV guide.

43. Meg says:

The new scheduale Toeknee posted is pretty recent. I just saw the same one yesturday. Something to do with how ABC wants to air all three shows (greys and whatever the other one is) new at the same time.

44. Circus Mom says:

This was at the end of Eggtown blog but is a new idea so I copied it here hoping to get input.

Yogamom’s Comment: Since we’re talking about Ben’s goals are, have we considered the link that he is trying to solve the problem of childbirth on the island, and Ben’s own mom died immediately following Ben’s birth. Could that imply that Ben is really a true “other”?

Circus Mom Comment: This prompts some thought. Kates mother turned her in to the police. Lockes mother unwittingly helped his father con him out of a Kidney. Jacks mother sent him to Australia to find his father. Anna Lucias mother was her Captain. Claires mother was ill in hospital I beleive. Hurley, Boone and Shannons moms are alive. Walts mother died, now Walt seems to be a other. The children on the flight lost their mother and they were on the good list and are now others.

If Kate has Aaron because Claire died is Aaron and other?

Father issues have been talked about a lot. Mother issues seem to be as, or more, important.

45. lost chicka says:

[quote comment=”188503″]what i found most interesting about the story in court was how closely it related to the producer’s original story line. Jack was supposed to die in the first episode and Kate was to assume the role of the reluctant leader.[/quote]

i noticed that too! i thought it was kinda funny, that the original story line came out in the court room. and thank god michael keaton didn’t get the role of jack (tho it woulda been ok cuz he’d die in the first episode anyways.)

circus mom: claire’s mom has been in a coma ever since their car accindent. actually, we don’t know about shannon’s mom, but her step-mom (and boone’s) is alive.

46. Ecua says:

jack is pompous wrote:

And Jack was supposed to be played by?

A: Michael Keaton.
    (Batman, BeetleJuice, Mr. Mom…)

47. Circus Mom says:

[quote comment=”188904″]jack is pompous wrote:

And Jack was supposed to be played by?

A: Michael Keaton.
    (Batman, BeetleJuice, Mr. Mom…)

Can someone explain why Michael Keaton is important here? I understsand he was supposed to play Jack, but I don’t see how this would change anything (other than Matthew Fox being a much better fit for Jack).[/quote]

Michael Keaton would probably not sign on for a long series.

48. mkhaynes says:

49. Toeknee says:

[quote comment=”188945″]Did anyone catch what the random guy in the crowd outside the courthouse yelled at Kate when she was walking in? Cause it sounded like either “what did Jack do to us?” or “What did Jack do to her?” I’m watching the rehash on ABC, they didn’t address it. Anyone else notice him?[/quote]

See comment #608 on the “Eggtown” thread

50. Bobola says:

Good joke re Miles with the grenade in his big mouth.
    Keep em coming! I’m low on Polar bear jokes.

NOW, that’s what I was talking about last week;
    about why isn’t anyone getting SERIOUS about grilling these Chopper Tots?
    And Lo & Behold; my man Locke steps up!
    Dude has his priorities straight.
    He’s just itching to off Ben…but is probably waiting to glean more info. Wow, was he ever frustrated with Ben pushing his buttons. Ben would be eating some teeth if it were me…no soup for you!
    I was also complaining that we never see anyone all that interested in food, which in reality would be a major concern & topic in this situation; and again; Locke and the eggs…Locke and the chicken!

I bet Miles starts cackling like a chicken as soon as that grenade is removed…and after he spills; Locke shows MIles that it twasn’t armed…ha, ha; fooled you Miles.
    I love Miles as a character and hope he stays a while.
    But somehow I don’t think he’s ever gonna land that 3.2 Million. Hope to see more of his Ghostly abilities.

I for one, don’t believe that Aaron is the same baby; I think Kate really is pregnant and is lying to Sawyer, which is why she gets so pissed and leaves.
    This is a very minority opinion but LOST writers have twisted us around before, eh?

Kate must be kinda dumb too because I’d rather stay on a tropical island than risk a Life prison sentence.
    Kate is a vindictive bitch too to deny her mother seeing the baby. Never liked her; characters who constantly work against their own self interests bore me. Any sane Gal would want to hunker down with Sawyer, go skinny dipping and eat seafood. When that gets boring; Polar bear hunting!

51. Squash says:

[quote comment=”188410″]I think there is something to the theory that time elapses differently on the island. According to Juliette, it should only take 20 minutes for the helicopter to make it to the freightor. Instead, it seems to take a day on “island time” (the preview has Jack saying it’s been a day, and the helicopter seems to land). So, roughly, 1 day island time = 20 minutes real time. Or, 90 days island time = about 30 hours real time.
    This may explain Aaron’s age in the last episode, as well as other time anomalies (rocket landing later).[/quote]

except, on the boat, didn’t Sayid say he didn’t realize it was almost christmas? So… much more than 30 hours has passed off of the island?

52. Lost Mama says:

Here’s a conundrum: if the time on the island is slower than real time, then why does everyone heal quicker? You’d think it was the opposite…any ideas?

53. Lost Mama says:

54. RGS says:

As you have figured, I definitely lean on the podcasts for support. Take it for what it’s worth. Having just looked at the podcast, we were a bit off with our Eggtown assessment. The seem to have named it that because of the breakfast he was cooking for Ben. Go figure.

55. Bailey Loves Lost says:

I noticed something to this effct. I tried watching it over and over but I couldn’t make out what he said.

56. Lost in LA says:

Kate doesn’t want her mother to see Aaron because Her mother is more likely to notice that Aaron isn’t Kate’s bio-baby.

The prosecutor doesn’t want Kate to leave CA for 10 years, maybe she feels the O6’s story is suspect and she’s concerned about Kate going back.

57. Russian Visa says:

Your article is much more informatics for all of the visitor or tourist.I am very happy to read it. This is really very nice. Thank you for it.
    :lol: