Dharma Wants You!

Dharma Wants You - Join Us

As many of you already know, the new ARG kicked off yesterday with the official launch of DharmaWantsYou.com. It seems that the premise, at least initially, is going to be a series of tests that are psychological in nature. During the first test, you will continue to hear a phrase repeated that translated means:

“Those who come to the Dharma Initiative will have to travel a long way across the sea at a considerable speed. Work will include being outdoors and physical labor. You may also experience some instability of time along the way. Hopefully you, like many others, feel that your social duty is more important than your personal safety.”

Pretty interesting stuff thus far – we will see where it goes.

45 Responses to Dharma Wants You!

1. DocH says:

[quote comment=”248272″]I joined. Took the ethereal test. Listened to the eerie music (Dharma Haunts You). I have been assimilated. I didn’t see ‘Seven of Nine’ yet. Ready for my stint in ‘Room 23′ on Hydra island. If Ben Linus shows up for the prostate exam – I’M OUT![/quote]

LOL, still only a blue screen for me.

3. lost4ever says:

Still not in yet Hammer? Maybe it’s a problem with your connection or maybe they know about the whisper theory and think you know too much already.

4. DocH says:

Hammer – DWY uses lots of “Shockwave” Files (.swf) so you need MacroMedia Flash. They also use alot of Javascript (.js). If you keep the site in your “Internet Zone” you may need to change some of your Advanced Settings. Adding ‘dharmawantsyou’ to your “Trusted Sites” zone may make most of the Javascript filters go away.
    (I am talking recent Microsoft OS and Internet Explorer browser, of course.)

5. DocH says:

When DWY gets done pushing all its data – I think it is close to 2 megs.

They may know it is you too – Hammer, and changed the site to ‘Dharma Taunts You’.
    [;^)

[quote comment=”248716″]When DWY gets done pushing all its data – I think it is close to 2 megs.

[;^)[/quote]

LOL…stopping the whisperer theory?

8. lost4ever says:

I have read the whisper theory and remember the basics of it. What is this “collision of timelines theory” and how does it affect course-correcting?[/quote]
    ++++++

10. lost4ever says:

[quote comment=”249286″][quote comment=”248842″][quote comment=”248799″]RE: the Pierre Cheng video….first thought is that they are leaning towards the story of saving the purge victims using the time travel mythos. Likely that Miles, Dan and Char are working to save their parents. Brings me back to doch’s theory that of a collision of time lines and the whisperers being exposed.[/quote]
    ++++++
    I don’t recall the theory being very specific, but doch had mentioned the idea (paraphrasing) that it seemed like the erratic time issues were pointing to an eventual collision and that would expose who was doing the whispering.[/quote]
    ——
    That would be interesting to actually SEE the people who are doing the whispering. I have always struggled with time-travel issues in shows and movies. Unfortuneately, if that is Faraday behind the camera, which I believe it to be like some others, I think time-travel will play a more prominent part in the last 2 seasons. But I hope not.
    HEROES is headed in the same direction after some of the spoilers I have read about the upcoming season.

11. Emzi says:

I registered with the site last week and I’m looking forward to the first “assessment”.

12. Dan says:

Thanks

13. PJSander says:

[quote comment=”252489″]How long before I get started? I still says Assement Will Commence Soon. Do I have to wait a week, I joined yesterday.
    Thanks[/quote]

I just don’t think they have posted the first assessment yet. I think they’re probably waiting for August 15th (8.15) before they do anything.

: ) P

14. chrisn says:

hey i logged onto the dharma wants you since ive gotten that email about the stolen video and how they will be updating the security on their website and i sat there for about a min. looking at the screen and randomly the shapes in the symbol start getting fuzzy and flash in and out. and the text “volunteer assessment commencing soon” starts flashing and jumbling up into what i think are scrambled sentences. around halfway into it the letters “odnsheenaitimi” stays on a few more seconds than all of the other randomly flashing letters do. i did it again and the same thing happens except all the letters are differently scrambled. it happens every minute or two. i tried putting the “word” in a word unscrambler but most of the unscramblers i used didnt work. only one i tried worked and it gave me this “miindheisanote”

15. chrisn says:

also i noticed when your not logged in the home page it does the same thing except there’s no letters inside the logo.

16. DocH says:

[quote comment=”252992″]
    [/quote]
    No mystery – solved days ago…

“I AM ON THE INSIDE” is the anagram.

17. Julie says:

Hey guys! I know that I haven’t been around in a while. (Hi Hammer!)
    So, I joined the Dharma group! (Am I being taken over by the dark side?? Eh, somethings gotta kill you, right?)
    SO…..
    I signed up. No email yet. Everytime I log in all I get is “assesment coming soon”. I dont get the anagraham or anything.
    What am I doing wrong?

18. Dan Bronson says:

I was on the inside but they found me out.

[quote comment=”253414″]Hey guys! I know that I haven’t been around in a while. (Hi Hammer!)
    SO…..
    What am I doing wrong?[/quote]

Hey there. Been in/out myself and haven’t had time to figure out the DHARMA thing. Folks on the little island can help!

20. Julie says:

….and the point in all this….
    According to the other site, we haven’t missed a thing. So yay!

21. PJSander says:

….and the point in all this….
    According to the other site, we haven’t missed a thing. So yay![/quote]

Thanks for the giggle, Julie. No worries, though… I think we all have a Sawyer we like to look at once in a while! *bg*

: ) P

22. Dan Bronson says:

I am shocked that no one recognizes me. I was hired by Hans Van Eeghen.

23. TanziTwo says:

thanks dan bronson, but no shenanigans here for pretenders. i saw your picture from the san diego comic book convention and i have got to say – you really need to get a life… along with a diet, some sun, some acne cream, a girlfriend – as well as a clue.

24. lost4ever says:

….and the point in all this….
    According to the other site, we haven’t missed a thing. So yay![/quote]
    You should come join the little island Julie, if you like Sawyer. PJ has been very good at writing down all the nicknames he has used in every episode. Personally, I don’t think Sawyer is hot, I liked Libby, Ana-Lucia, and Naomi. HMMMM, and they are all dead ( like CHARLIE, shout out to you PJ). I also am tired of my sisters’ friends calling me Sawyer.:)

WOW. A little rough there Tanzi? What happened to the “be kind” portion?

25. TanziTwo says:

did you see picture of the real dan bronson? i was being kind. as for the poser here, i was being helpful.

26. Julie says:

[quote comment=”255165″][quote comment=”254488″]**hangs head** so I feel like I’ve been cheating. Up until today I had only visited this page for my Lost ‘goodies’. However, this evening I happened by DocArtz page. While I still love my Lost Blog, they have lots of tid bits on the AGR. So while you all are my “loving safe comfortable boyfriend that I would never leave”. I must admit that I will enjoy seeing the “new hot guy at work that just happens to take his shirt off when he get hots….and looks a little like Sawyer”. :)
    ….and the point in all this….
    According to the other site, we haven’t missed a thing. So yay![/quote]

WOW. A little rough there Tanzi? What happened to the “be kind” portion?[/quote]
    _________________________________________
    Little island? Who looks like Sawyer where?? LOL!
    Ive been on this site for a couple years now. Well since the TLE…. I tired to follow it but honestly as TOTALLY stupid as it sounds it creeped me out a little. (I know..) But my bf at the time was a firefighter so I was home alone a lot and even though Im 27 I would be up late at night checking out all the websites… looking over my shoulder. LOL! Once the Dharma page started getting hacked I left all the leg work to you wonderful people. LOL!
    Eh, I’m only SLIGHTLY embarrassed to admit that it scared me. LOL!!!

27. Hi everybody there. I’m Livio. Italian lost addicted. I’d like to ask you about dharmawantsyou. I’ve passed the test (i think anyone can pass it, there’s no write o wrong answers) andtoday, 19 of august 2008 the assessment should start. But 19/08/08 is quite ending…so, where’s the assessment?!
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Namaste

28. DocH says:

Livio, your language skills are very accurate. My belief is that your location (Italia?) is nine hours ahead of the location that creates the website and the assessment. If they decide to publish the web late in their workday, you may not see it until tomorrow morning. ciao

29. GeronimoJacksonGroupie says:

TanziTwo: You ahouldn’t insult Dan Bronson. He is a brave individual who risked a lot to try and get the inside scoop on the DI for us; although I am like you and doubt that the the great people behind this ARG go to every blog they can find and comment so I’m sure the Dan posting comments here is a fraud. But just in case he isn’t I wouldn’t cut ties with a main player in the game.

30. Namaste says:

31. DocH says:

- American Productivity –
    DWY probably doesn’t want 1 million hits from “business” IP addresses/domains. I bet they wait until 5PM PDT before they let A1 (assessment one) out of the starting blocks.. when most of the CONUS is home, or getting home, from work.

32. MoKa says:

I was so excited to get over to the ‘Dharma wants you’ site, as it was announced that the testing was going to start today on 8/19/08 Tuesday –
    Hmmph!! It’s after 8p.m. now, and nadda, zip, ziltch – Maybe the the test moved with the island?
    -looking around –

lol

33. DocH says:

Who knows? Maybe they are just starting to ‘evaluate’ the tests we took a few weeks ago… and start to recruit from there.

34. lost4ever says:

[quote comment=”255728″]
    Little island?
    [/quote]

35. Cecil Rose says:

36. lost4ever says:

37. Daniel says:

38. lost4ever says:

[quote comment=”257698″]The site is crap. I haven’t been able to access it since the beginning of the new test.[/quote]
    Be patient grasshopper. It is a Virtue.

39. Cecil Rose says:

[quote comment=”257567″][quote comment=”257558″]As of today (30 Aug, 13:44 EST all I’m getting on DWY is a blue screen (no, not THAT blue screen). Just Dharma blue fog, no new agey music, no icons, no links.[/quote]
    Keep trying Cecil….It took me a couple times to get through. How is the FODDERING going?[/quote]

Things are kind of quiet. House will start up in a month or so and keep me busy, but the Lost folks are jutt that, waiting the interminable time for a new and too-brief season. Hope this ARG turns into something really interesting.

40. Julie says:

[/quote]
    The little island was created during the last hiatus when this blog shut down for a couple of days. Hammer even made an anagram game out of it. It was quite fun.[/quote]
    ______________________________________________
    Ohhhhh okay! Where do I sign up??

41. lost4ever says:

[quote comment=”258759″]
    Ohhhhh okay! Where do I sign up??[/quote]
    There is a feature that can be used when perusing the threads. CTRL+F is a search function that can help you find your way. There has been “little island” talk used on this blog many times under previous episode recaps.

42. natiju says:

When am I going to be assigned the tests? In my progress there are two tests already but it reads “unassigned”. Do I have to do something about it or just wait? Can anybody tell me? Is anybody in the same situation? I wanna get started!

43. natiju says:

[quote comment=”257092″]Like Livio, I logged on to Dharma Wants You today, only to find a message that still reads, “Volunteer Assessment Commences 08-19-08.” I live in the Pacific Time zone and it’s 3:00pm, so am I missing something? Is there a trick to getting to the first assessment?[/quote]
    I’m in Argentina and I cannot get to the assigments either. That’s weird cause there are people from Brazil in the leader board. help!

44. Pinto says:

what is this “little island” being mentioned?

45. granta87 says:

I have now taken all 5 tests.

Test1 – Unassigned 47%
    Test2 – Steropes
    Test3 – Otus
    Test4 – Atlas
    Test5 – Chaos

I am new to this having only stumbled over the dharmawantsyou site in the last week. Also new to ARG’s but love lost and this is something Im really excited about.

Does anyone know any more about what is happening. Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers Guys
    Grant