DHARMAWantsYou.com Update

A new email arrived this morning:

Namaste.
As a result of the outstanding assessment results delivered in recent weeks I am pleased to announce an expanded role for recruits in the Volunteer Assessment Program at http://www.dharmawantsyou.com.
This new activity will draw on the impressive knowledge base of recruits and will offer the opportunity to challenge your colleagues in a friendly intellectual competition.
You have the potential to earn significant Dharma Points with this new activity, which will contribute to your overall assessment results.
Log in and consult your “Progress” page for details.
I look forward to another inspiring display of initiative from you all.
Namaste.

Hans Van Eeghen
Head of Recruiting
The Dharma Initiative

I had yet to complete test 3, so I went ahead and did both. Test 3, as most have you know, was essentially a game where you control a DHARMA logo and had to avoid getting hit by other moving objects, or touching the sides of the octagon you are playing within – max score of 100 based on the number of seconds you can survive. Test 4 was another multiple choice questionnaire.

There are also now video updates upon login where Hans essentially lets us know what is new – prior to Test 3, the video gave way to a potential cheat for that particular game – thanks to reader “Hammer” for originally pointing out the glitches in the video, and the following concise answer from Lostpedia.com:

With the mystery video also came some glitchy hacks, which spelled out B P M 40 60″. Stick it together and you get BPM 40-60, which apparently in music corresponds to the word “lento”. There do seem to be other possible cheats, like right-clicking to pause the game, but this must be the proper method for passing Test 3.

Test 3 is called a Dexterity and Attentiveness Evaluation. Basically, you’re controlling a Dharma logo and have to dodge little biddy asteroids for 100 seconds. The speed increases though, so its pretty tough to last for a full marks 100. However, typing in “lento” seems to make the asteroids speed drop dramatically, giving you time to move around safely. The cheat only lasts for a few seconds though, but you can repeat it. So you just need to find a safe corner, type lento and then repeat until you survive the game without a collision.

In the newest video posted, there is another glitchy hack in the first part of the video, but I cannot identify exactly what it is. Hans also lets us know that we can create our own multiple choice tests for other recruits – and this functionality is accessible from the “My Progress” section. I have not really dug into that yet, but let us know if you find anything worth discussing!

17 Responses to DHARMAWantsYou.com Update

1. Keys says:

Slightly off topic – Fringe

Did anybody else catch that they refered to the “good twin” that was on the plane that took the fateful injection as passenger number 108.

LOL

2. a. says:

the glitch in the video contains a Data Matrix which decodes to ‘reiwtletmk’, which is an anagram of mittlewerk.

3. Golden Ratio says:

I saw that Keys! Very cool stuff. Also noticed that Broyles office number was 4290. He also plays Abbadon, so the 42 was a nice nod. Not to mention the entire show starting on a plane in a storm. ;)

Try my test! I will try yours now!

I tried to keep mine relevant to the reconstituted Dharma Initiative.

4. lost4ever says:

LOST is airing tonight at 7:00 on the sci-fi channel.

5. lost4ever says:

LOST is airing tonight at 7:00 on the sci-fi channel.

6. jules says:

Several similarities between Fringe/Lost (maybe we need a new thread?):

Passenger 108
    Bad Twin
    Son estranged from father in same field of work
    Show beginning on a plane and dealing with a crash
    Experiments in non-traditional science (hence Fringe)
    Abaddon actor

any others?

8. PJSander says:

[quote comment="268315"]A little disappointed that the glitches are a cheat code instead of a Lost clue. :([/quote]

I hear you, Hammer.

DWY is honestly, pretty lame. I understand that with only 34 hours left, they have to be careful how much they give away. I comprehend the fact that there are still more than four months of time to kill before LOST starts again. But this one test a week with NOTHING to GAIN from it is really, just, well… dumb.

I usually try to be someone who doesn’t complain about something unless I can be part of the solution. Unless Hans starts returning my phone calls, though, I am not sure I have anyway of fixing this mess! LOL

: ) P

9. Andy H says:

[quote comment="268882"]I just finished test 5, it’s a math sequence test. There is also a new video that talks about another “breach” from the “black swan.” If you look in the bottom right corner of the video there is a white block that keeps blinking. Not quite sure if it morse code or what it is… any thoughts?[/quote]

I found a frame in the video that has black and white blocks in shapes that I can’t decipher. I emailed a screenprint to the owners to see if they would post it for ya’ll to look at……..

11. PJSander says:

Hey everyone,

I created a DHARMA test that is just trivia from LOST. It has a few hard ones, but I think true LOST fan will enjoy it! You can check it out here:

: ) P

12. Andy H says:

13. Seosamh says:

[quote comment="270020"]So I was just back on the DWY site and left it for about half a min. or so… when I came back there was a voice that came coming over the regular sound. I couldn’t quite make what it was saying, but just wondering if anyone else has heard this yet?[/quote]
    I heard that too!
    It’s a man’s voice (Black Swan?)
    but it seems to me like a repeating sequence of segments of different syllables, each syllable kinda sounds like it’s being played backwards, but i could be wrong. The segments could be in order, but my guess (going off of the last few hidden messages) its either backwards or scrambled.
    It would really help if anyone could make a recording of just the voice without the shitty background music.
    Please let me know if anyone has made rec.

14. Andy H says:

Is anyone else worried that after all of these tests we are told they were all for naught and no other procedures will be done all because of this “black swan” thing? I could totally see them “pulling the project” because we were all influenced by “B.S.”

I can’t make anything of the voice….I’m still waiting for the owners of this blog to post the screencap of my computer with the black and white block pattern I found in the second video update so you guys can try to find something in it.

16. Chris says:

I recorded the audio of that man on the DWY website and I reversed the audio. He’s saying random words that I haven’t been able to unscramble yet. There’s a couple of words that you can’t be 100% sure of but this is what I got so far.

click, nothing, resembles, more, a, ride/right/riot, man, honest, end, then/than/them/ben, she, see/sea

17. eile tulin taas vaihteeks vähäksi aikaa suomee